Second Ashes test - Your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weather will play a part, draw wouldn't be the worst result given our recent record against the Aussies at this Lords

Not the worst, but with 3 tests left if the Aussies win at Leeds it’s adios to the Ashes in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
Rain forecast most of the day 🙄
Certainly looks as though the morning and afternoon sessions are wiped out. The Rain % falls a bit after 3pm, so depending on how well it drains we might get a couple of hours later on

I hope we do get enough play for a result - Woakes' record at Lords is unbelievable and it'd be good to get Smith early on a green top

To be honest a draw here would be a good result for England. The 1 ground really where I would have taken a draw if offered before the series started.

I’m happy with rain and a draw here I feel we can take the other games but think the Aussies would have loved to have a full five days here.

If it rains on / off all 5 days is there a history of the captains agreeing to call the game off as a draw before the final day? Another way of asking is....no play for 4 days, would they start the 5th?

If it rains on / off all 5 days is there a history of the captains agreeing to call the game off as a draw before the final day? Another way of asking is....no play for 4 days, would they start the 5th?
South Africa England 2000 have a look at that game with regards to rain stopping play very dodgy game indeed.

The Times reporting that Curran will come in for Denly and everyone in the batting line up shifts one place higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back