Second Ashes test - Your team

Bairstow has until Headingly for me. No significant contribution and we peddle him.

Also, just before his home test we should tell the media he's going to get peddled if he fails. Seems to bring the best out of him.

Just a bet on England to win the series @ 11/4.

Lots of cricket left in the series, and think we a better side than them, especially in home conditions.

Bit worried about weather forecast though.

Last edited:
Just a bet on England to win the series @ 11/4.

Lots of cricket left in the series, and think we a better side than them, especially in home conditions.

Bit worried about weather forecast though.
I think we may get three and half days here. Mind you, there aren't many tests that go the full five days.

Australia are clearly favourites, but we have chances, if everyone fires. We can expect to get more, in particular, out of Root, Bairstow and Buttler.

I think we may get three and half days here. Mind you, there aren't many tests that go the full five days.

Australia are clearly favourites, but we have chances, if everyone fires. We can expect to get more, in particular, out of Root, Bairstow and Buttler.

Think people are forgetting we played with 10 men in the last test, Australia are not a good test team.

Last edited:
England are a better side than Australia

Based on what? They dubbed us away and have already taken the first test in England.
Think people are forgetting we played with 10 men in the last test, Australia are not a good test team.

:lol:

You are 'forgetting' he probably shouldn't have been passed fit or played given his lack of first class cricket since the injury.

Like Jimmy would have somehow magically bowled us to victory on a batters wicket FFS.

You must be a Brexiteer with this blind faith malarky.

Last edited:
Based on what? They dubbed us away and have already taken the first test in England.

You are 'forgetting' he probably shouldn't have been passed fit or played given his lack of first class cricket since the injury.

Like Jimmy would have somehow magically bowled us to victory on a batters wicket FFS.

From 122/8 in the first innings when the pitch was doing something then he probably would. Certainly not blind faith to think so.

I am certainly not, but don’t want to bring politics in the cricket forum!

It’s not blind faith at all,in home conditions I believe we are a better side than them, our home record is very good and bar Sri Lanka who are a poor side their recent record s anything but!

Much rather be positive than your constant negativity about England you have been like that all summer!

Last edited:
My previous point was that, man-for-man, we're better than Australia, if we're giving marks out of 10 for each player. Smith would get 10. If you include captaincy into the mix, it evens things up a lot more.
Not so sure we are to be honest. Who of our lot would get in their side? Root, Stokes and Buttler. Bowlers wise Woakes/Broad for Siddle but I think Cummins and Pattinson are as good if not better than what we have and Lyon is comfortably better than any of our spinners. If I was picking a current best 11 I would personally have:

Warner
Burns/Bancroft (no one else)
Root
Smith
Stokes
Head
Buttler
Woakes
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon

Not so sure we are to be honest. Who of our lot would get in their side? Root, Stokes and Buttler. Bowlers wise Woakes/Broad for Siddle but I think Cummins and Pattinson are as good if not better than what we have and Lyon is comfortably better than any of our spinners. If I was picking a current best 11 I would personally have:

Warner
Root
Smith
Stokes
Head
Buttler
Woakes
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon
Bairstow (I know he's out of form) for Head and Anderson for Pattinson (as per the 1st test team).

Last edited:

Warner
Root
Smith
Stokes
Head
Buttler
Woakes
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon
As a whole I reckon the Aussie bowling attack is streets ahead, the only thing enabling England to compete is English conditions+ball - but then without Anderson. :cry:

Back