Second Ashes test - Your team

Rain forecast most of the day 🙄
Certainly looks as though the morning and afternoon sessions are wiped out. The Rain % falls a bit after 3pm, so depending on how well it drains we might get a couple of hours later on

I hope we do get enough play for a result - Woakes' record at Lords is unbelievable and it'd be good to get Smith early on a green top

To be honest a draw here would be a good result for England. The 1 ground really where I would have taken a draw if offered before the series started.

I’m happy with rain and a draw here I feel we can take the other games but think the Aussies would have loved to have a full five days here.

If it rains on / off all 5 days is there a history of the captains agreeing to call the game off as a draw before the final day? Another way of asking is....no play for 4 days, would they start the 5th?

If it rains on / off all 5 days is there a history of the captains agreeing to call the game off as a draw before the final day? Another way of asking is....no play for 4 days, would they start the 5th?
South Africa England 2000 have a look at that game with regards to rain stopping play very dodgy game indeed.

Back