Seaburn developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem with Seaburn is it's to far away from the city centre to attract major investors re: major leisure/ entertainment facilities the foot fall just won't be enough to make it feasible. That's why good high quality housing should be the way forward..

The problem with Seaburn is it's to far away from the city centre to attract major investors re: major leisure/ entertainment facilities the foot fall just won't be enough to make it feasible. That's why good high quality housing should be the way forward..
It’s 10 minutes away from the city centre

Can anyone explain why exactly we need any extra housing down there?
There’s not enough larger style executive housing down there at the minute. No where near enough.

Goes without saying.
I would also add at least 3 new kebab shops, a couple of phone shops and a travellers horse dealers just to add a bit of glamour to the area.
Could possibly demolish a few houses on the sea front so the travellers can pitch up there
You missed out charidee shops and bookies.

Tbf, the NIMBY locals are a nightmare. They will moan about any development
Other than the plans for lots of houses, what other plans have they moaned about?

All now being redeveloped
Any tenants signed up? Any detailed plans?

Looks like the start of another ‘Vaux’

Are you kidding me? Do people actually genuinely think our seafront is a shithole?

I suggest some of you visit most other seafronts before you make a judgement. We have a f***ing beautiful sea front. There is one stretch where the Seaburn centre and old fair is that is only recently derelict and up now for redevelopment, that hardly makes it a shithole to me. I love it down there.
It’s nice but only down to the natural beauty, there is very little else.

Have you seen the initial plans , seems to be a good mix of open space and housing really - it’s not going to be just one big housing estate

Seaburn, Sunderland | URBED
It’s just pie in the sky though- name me one company who’s signed up to be in one of those buildings?

That’s all the council ever do, outline plans and models.

Last edited:
Goes without saying.
I would also add at least 3 new kebab shops, a couple of phone shops and a travellers horse dealers just to add a bit of glamour to the area.
Could possibly demolish a few houses on the sea front so the travellers can pitch up there
You have missed the cash for clothes shop and ramsdens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back