Seaburn developments

Why not? I got banned from their group on Facebook for providing a link to book a badminton court which they said couldn’t be done. If they stand for something, I will oppose it.

Tell me one thing, what do you want leisure wise to be built?

What was the crack with the badminton court like? Don't get me wrong mate. I don't have much time for them. I think they are nimbys and holding back the area.

Leisure wise? Okay let's spit ball. I guess you have to first decide on what vibe you would like in the Seaburn site. We have plenty of examples to choose from.

Chilled Tynemouth/Jesmond feel. Good bars restaurants and pubs. Good as in not just good food but in beautiful surroundings.

More Blackpool adventuring big market feel. Where you could have pubs clubs bowling alley, indoor mini golf, water park.

Ultra cultured feel akin to a top European City. Have a museums, cafes, high end restaurants, theatres, comedy club etc

All of the above will also need housing too.

Yes it may be pie in the sky but I love the area and see the potential it can truly be a jewel in the Crown of Sunderland. But leave it to the lazy kernts of the world then they'd just build loads of houses. Which we can do anywhere tbh. Let's not waste this chance.

Renting a couple of units is different to developing a 5.8 hectare site. There’s nobody else looking to develop this site for leisure. Having an opinion is fine...asserting that something is commercially viable should have a basis in fact

Absolutely it's different mate. Nobody I know has the cheese to develop that site. But there are plenty of us about who might invest in units. What I'm saying build it and they will come.

I agree that developments for leisure may not be as commercially viable as building houses in prime sites. But it's up to the council to make incentives/clauses/bonuses. Whatever you have to do to get them to build them first then the houses. I dunno mate. How does shit get down in other places?

We're both from the area mate. We both love it. We both don't have problems with extra housing. But are you seriously saying that you don't think other aspects need developing too other that houses?

aye rightio mate don't bother pm'ing me, international companies ffs bothering with a pisspot development on the NE coast in your dreams

Fuck mate. We got enough knockers around the NE without adding to them from our own. Yes it might be pie in sky stuff. But if we shoot for the stars we might end up in the clouds. I thought we took the piss outta lads who were too negative and put down ambition.

Build it and they will come.

f***ing A brother.

what did you think of Salvador standing in front of the tree surgeons to stop the 90 space car park next to martinos or the wanking off amongst the south bents posse when they delayed the seaburn centre demolition, all of which would have been completed by the summer for people to enjoy but now won't be until next year

That's not on like.

Miller homes always over over development knowing that objections will be put forward. Like most developers.
Plan b is usually what they know they will be able to pass after objections.

It’s rule 1 page 1 in the apply for planning permission book.
And it looks like the nimbys fell for it.
Nimbys; They wanted 400 but we got down to 279 woop woop.

Miller homes; gerrin they fell for it.

I tried to reason with some of them. They've proper got the hump. Especially the ones whos backs look over the fields. I've tried to explain to them that corner of land would've always got developed, they got lucky that the uni took this long to sell the land (they needed the money with new Medicine degree starting). Look on Google maps. Once Miller homes build the 63 homes the square/rectangle of houses would be complete. Plus the houses look nice and would increase the older houses values in the long run. But people are just stuck in their ways and only ever think of themselves.

Last edited:
What was the crack with the badminton court like? Don't get me wrong mate. I don't have much time for them. I think they are nimbys and holding back the area.

Leisure wise? Okay let's spit ball. I guess you have to first decide on what vibe you would like in the Seaburn site. We have plenty of examples to choose from.

Chilled Tynemouth/Jesmond feel. Good bars restaurants and pubs. Good as in not just good food but in beautiful surroundings.

More Blackpool adventuring big market feel. Where you could have pubs clubs bowling alley, indoor mini golf, water park.

Ultra cultured feel akin to a top European City. Have a museums, cafes, high end restaurants, theatres, comedy club etc

All of the above will also need housing too.

Yes it may be pie in the sky but I love the area and see the potential it can truly be a jewel in the Crown of Sunderland. But leave it to the lazy kernts of the world then they'd just build loads of houses. Which we can do anywhere tbh. Let's not waste this chance.

Absolutely it's different mate. Nobody I know has the cheese to develop that site. But there are plenty of us about who might invest in units. What I'm saying build it and they will come.

I agree that developments for leisure may not be as commercially viable as building houses in prime sites. But it's up to the council to make incentives/clauses/bonuses. Whatever you have to do to get them to build them first then the houses. I dunno mate. How does shit get down in other places?

We're both from the area mate. We both love it. We both don't have problems with extra housing. But are you seriously saying that you don't think other aspects need developing too other that houses?

Fuck mate. We got enough knockers around the NE without adding to them from our own. Yes it might be pie in sky stuff. But if we shoot for the stars we might end up in the clouds. I thought we took the piss outta lads who were too negative and put down ambition.

f***ing A brother.

That's not on like.

I tried to reason with some of them. They've proper got the hump. Especially the ones whos backs look over the fields. I've tried to explain to them that corner of land would've always got developed, they got lucky that the uni took this long to sell the land (they needed the money with new Medicine degree starting). Look on Google maps. Once Miller homes build the 63 homes the square/rectangle of houses would be complete. Plus the houses look nice and would increase the older houses values in the long run. But people are just stuck in their ways and only ever think of themselves.

I never said other stuff doesn’t need to get built. I’m not pissing and moaning about Siglion, and putting forward ‘alternative’ plans with a lake and a car park underneath, with no access road...I’m working with them to get the best possible development from the only developer in the picture

Last edited:
I never said other stuff doesn’t need to get built. I’m not pissing and moaning about Siglion, putting forward ‘alternative’ plans with a lake and a car park underneath, with no access road...I’m working with them to get the best possible development from the only developer in the picture

We're not asking for much marra. Just some stuff to do with the bairns and somewhere to be proud of. We can hardly walk about nice streets of houses. Where's the fun in that?

Need mini golf down there somewhere. Amazed that the Lambton Worm park never got turned in to one tbh. Seems perfect for it.

I never said other stuff doesn’t need to get built. I’m not pissing and moaning about Siglion, and putting forward ‘alternative’ plans with a lake and a car park underneath, with no access road...I’m working with them to get the best possible development from the only developer in the picture
Good to see that you finally admit to be working with them / for them

No bother mate. See how you like it when people oppose what you want. Not that you’ll ever know what you want. As for hate posts, you’re the one calling people nazis and racists. You’re the one who has been reported to the police. Can I borrow that mirror J?

Last edited:

Back