SD on Talksport Podcast this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

No it didn’t he offered to go on roker rapport and they turned him down Boxing Day I believe. Regardless of what went on before that.
They turned him down because he was trying to play one podcast off against the other. He told WMS that he didn't want to use podcasts anymore then promptly went to RR to offer an interview. RR to their credit wouldn't play his game.

I’d be happy enough for him to stay if he had the financial clout of FPP behind him.

If he can’t attract serious additional investment though he has to move on.

Genuinely fascinated by this response. Even if he had the financial clout, what kind of evidence has he shown in the last couple of years here, and his entire time at Eastleigh, that he wouldn’t completely waste it?!

It’s just been a disaster after disaster with his footballing decisions here, right from the beginning. For me, more money would just mean bigger and more costly mistakes.

He has to go

Genuinely fascinated by this response. Even if he had the financial clout, what kind of evidence has he shown in the last couple of years here, and his entire time at Eastleigh, that he wouldn’t completely waste it?!

It’s just been a disaster after disaster with his footballing decisions here, right from the beginning. For me, more money would just mean bigger and more costly mistakes.

He has to go
The only way I’d be comfortable with him staying would be if he completely removed himself from all decision making, remove the disasters that he’s employed on the football side and employed a competent structure that ran the football club for him in its entirety. Then he could spend his time doing what he really wants - sitting in the stands having a pie and a pint. I don’t want him - or almost anyone he’s employed thus far - to have a meaningful say in this football club going forward.

He has to go
I just don’t subscribe to the viewpoint that because we’re Sunderland we have no right to be where we are. We’ve been ran abysmally for decades (see Kieran Brady’s open letter last year), full of freeloaders on and off the pitch. The chickens have come home to roost big style now and we’re going to be like a juggernaut without power steering to turn around.

I think Donald and Methven have set us off on the right track to becoming a properly run business and have the right blueprint for the club going forward. They clearly don’t have a pot to piss in though, hence why I’d like to see what they could achieve with some real financial backing.

SIck of hearing in the last few days SD a nice guy, when did you last hear of a club owner who bought a FC then within a few months wanted to sell that club or least most of It, although I’m personally convinced he SD wanted to sell all of our club, as it was 8 or 9 months after he bought it he started to try and sell as shown on STID2.
Sick of the lies he tells us, If he came in and said look I have bought this club I’m not going to be around forever but I will turn it round then sell it for the betterment of you the fans fair enough, but no he said I intend to be here for a very long time then try’s to sell months later is total bollocks, what a pile of crap he bought it because he couldn’t believe his luck as he didn’t even have to put much of his own money in, even CM got 6% because it was a great deal not so great now though imo
See how you get on selling now for £40m.

This when he was getting threats from the fans, and the podcasts told him to leave the club for appointing Parkinson?
No before it. Wise Men Say asked him for a podcast and SD said no because they were pointless. Donald then asked Roker Report if they would like to do a podcast.

I just don’t subscribe to the viewpoint that because we’re Sunderland we have no right to be where we are. We’ve been ran abysmally for decades (see Kieran Brady’s open letter last year), full of freeloaders on and off the pitch. The chickens have come home to roost big style now and we’re going to be like a juggernaut without power steering to turn around.

I think Donald and Methven have set us off on the right track to becoming a properly run business and have the right blueprint for the club going forward. They clearly don’t have a pot to piss in though, hence why I’d like to see what they could achieve with some real financial backing.
no its the popposite..theybhave the money not the competence on the football side. my evidence for this is two fold

1) Art eastleigh donald spent £12m on his own but didnt achieve the goal, showing the cash is there but not the ability. £12m from a owneris vastly more than is needed for safc to get out of this league..and they have spent more than £10m between them collective;y, the three shareholders, there is no doubt about that, at safc, and still failed.

2) safc has spent vast sums in this league..showing the cash is there, not the competence.

Donald really needs to worry about the important stuff let the results do tue talking. Mr nice guy doesnt become successfull by being nice. He can still be a successful owner but he needs to recruit properly on the technical side to have a chance.

What do you think the blueprint is our of interest? I think the only thing that you could consider a success so far is getting the costs down. A cash injection is at complete odds with this and counter acts the work done.

100 million spent on this club would be this club in 200 million pound debt with the current ownership. Imo there.

Donald really needs to worry about the important stuff let the results do tue talking. Mr nice guy doesnt become successfull by being nice. He can still be a successful owner but he needs to recruit properly on the technical side to have a chance.

I like the fact that he seems pleasent enough, we have seen recently with levy that business acumen isn't the be and end all. It would be a string in his bow if he wasnt so economical with the truth.

The problem, like you say, is that even if he had got his vision right it would still mean the clu falls further behind because his vision/strategy is wrong.

The next owner should learn from SD that he can't possibly be open with the fans, because when things don't go right on the pitch it'll be twisted against you. Needs to go back to an Ellis Short type detachment.

He has to go

I agree. I'd be ok for him to stay if he was a director but if we had an experienced lead on the football operation side who could pick his own men with a budget, strong financial investment so we can have a long term strategy including the youth set up and also a better long term growth strategy for the club will give us security.

The next owner should learn from SD that he can't possibly be open with the fans, because when things don't go right on the pitch it'll be twisted against you. Needs to go back to an Ellis Short type detachment.
Just need to have a consistent professional structure to info sharing but that isn't the Ellis Short approach of fuck off i'm on holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back