Scott Boland

I'm hoping he's on his way. He played in Western Province's first 6 CSA T20 matches, but he wasn't playing in their match today.

nor has he secured a SA central contract for 2024/25

I find that barmy given how well he’s done for them during what has been a very testing year for SA cricket.

Our gain though, likely.

indeed

although I do wonder whether his contract with us played a part. I have a feeling he is entering the last year of his contract with us and SA have only handed out one year contracts

or maybe there simply isn't a hole in his section of the quota system

indeed

although I do wonder whether his contract with us played a part. I have a feeling he is entering the last year of his contract with us and SA have only handed out one year contracts

or maybe there simply isn't a hole in his section of the quota system
Agree his Durham contract will probably be worth as much if nit more than a central contract with SA especially if he is only playing test matches.

I find that barmy given how well he’s done for them during what has been a very testing year for SA cricket.

Our gain though, likely.
SA only got 2 tests for remainder of year.

Reduced their contracts from 20 to 18 and seemingly focused contracts on those playing white ball.Verreyne their first choice keeper in tests didn't get one either.

That aside Herschelle Gibbs was very vocal on twitter about how ridiculous him not getting a deal was.

Last edited:
SA only got 2 tests for remainder of year.

Reduced their contracts from 20 to 18 and seemingly focused contracts on those playing white ball.
Verreyne their first choice keeper in tests didn't get one either.

That aside Herschelle Gibbs was very vocal on twitter about how ridiculous him not getting a deal was.

A sad story of the state of international cricket :(

Don't know why he's been allowed to leave it so tight. He finished his Victoria commitments over 3 weeks ago

I suspect he’s had little to no say in it - probably Cricket Australia who have been dictating terms.

That said, his Victoria season might’ve finished 3 weeks ago, but he’s deserving of a bit of time off after a full season of playing. Maybe he’s just been on an all-inclusive beach holiday for a fortnight ;).

I suspect he’s had little to no say in it - probably Cricket Australia who have been dictating terms.

That said, his Victoria season might’ve finished 3 weeks ago, but he’s deserving of a bit of time off after a full season of playing. Maybe he’s just been on an all-inclusive beach holiday for a fortnight ;).
Could have had that at Seaburn and acclimatised😎
Yes, it 's probably .CA calling the tune. In which missing the 1st one may be no bad thing. Given the weather likelihood of a positive result must be remote.

Stopped off for two weeks in Bali on the way here.

Scott Boland has arrived in the North East but isn’t available for the Hampshire fixture this week and will train at Seat Unique Riverside ahead of next week’s fixture against Warwickshire at Edgbaston

Back