Scott Boland

Boland match figures of 8-92_in Victoria 's final Sheffield Shield game. Victoria aren't involved in play-off so he should be available for Durham for opening fixture.

Interesting choice to be made who misses out if all bowlers are fit, presuming Parkinson plus it’ll be 3 from Potts, Boland, Raine and Carse

Boland match figures of 8-92_in Victoria 's final Sheffield Shield game. Victoria aren't involved in play-off so he should be available for Durham for opening fixture.
34 at 15.32 from 11 innings in the Shield this year

If not for his involvement with Australia he'd have been the top wicket taker in the competition. Top took 48 from 17 and 18 innings.

All good news for Durham he's in good form.

Interesting choice to be made who misses out if all bowlers are fit, presuming Parkinson plus it’ll be 3 from Potts, Boland, Raine and Carse
Imagine De Leede might be the unlucky one. Guess depends on how the early pitches are.

Wonder if Bedingham will be missing throughout April or not due to CSA20. (he's got 7 and 8 opening for WP so far)

I predict the below for first game

Lees
Jones
Borthwick
Ackermann
Robinson
Clark
Carse
Raine
Potts
Parkinson
Boland

Last edited:
Still worries me how poor he was in the ashes seemed to really struggle with our ball. Bounce and seam movement are his primary weapons he found little of either in the series’s.

Wonder how much our friends at the ECB will restrict Potts & Carse.

Imagine De Leede might be the unlucky one. Guess depends on how the early pitches are.

Wonder if Bedingham will be missing throughout April or not due to CSA20. (he's got 7 and 8 opening for WP so far)

I predict the below for first game

Lees
Jones
Borthwick
Ackermann
Robinson
Clark
Carse
Raine
Potts
Parkinson
Boland
Bedingham, I have been told, will be over here for the full season.

Still worries me how poor he was in the ashes seemed to really struggle with our ball. Bounce and seam movement are his primary weapons he found little of either in the series’s.

Wonder how much our friends at the ECB will restrict Potts & Carse.
Just see how Jimmy managed on them pitches.

The county pitches he will be facing in April-June won't be like the ones in the Ashes in July.

Also won't be facing batsman trying to score at 6 an over from the off either.

He also took 5/105 in the WTC final(the most of the Aussie seamers in the game) before the Ashes. Which was conditions and a pitch more like you'd expect to be playing on in England.
Bedingham, I have been told, will be over here for the full season.
Good to know hopefully the case.

If he is then it's probably as been suggested on here Jones to miss out and Borthwick up to open.

Last edited:
Just as well he didn't arrive on Saturday he would have been looking out of the aeroplane window on the runway at the bright blue skies and sunshine then got off the plane and hit by that freezing north easterly wind straight from Siberia.
He wouldn't have known what had hit him.

Mind on a podcast i was listening to so was Nic Maddinson 🤔
Bowling in England a bit easier for Aussies than batting.

Been opening the batting has "Mad dog" when I commented on a forum with a bunch if Aussues that he's about the only bad Aussie Durham have had. The usual jibes from Aussies about county cricket being poor were made.

Bowling in England a bit easier for Aussies than batting.

Been opening the batting has "Mad dog" when I commented on a forum with a bunch if Aussues that he's about the only bad Aussie Durham have had. The usual jibes from Aussies about county cricket being poor were made.
Yes apparently got 3 hundreds on the bounce definitely didn't look like he had that in him at Durham.

Back