Scott Boland

Did I mishear him being called the first aborigine apart from Jason Gillespe (or whatever the term is)? But wasn't there another who's name escapes me. He was an all rounder and a bit of a handful, in not a good way. He got into trouble a bit.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Boland, good luck to him.

Did I mishear him being called the first aborigine apart from Jason Gillespe (or whatever the term is)? But wasn't there another who's name escapes me. He was an all rounder and a bit of a handful, in not a good way. He got into trouble a bit.

You’re thinking of Symonds I think. Wikipedia says he wasn’t

Andrew Symonds? His parents were from the Caribbean I believe. He was also born in the UK before moving to Australia as a child

''In 2017, Boland's family discovered that his grandfather, John Edward, was Aboriginal, from the Gulidjan tribe in the Colac area of Victoria.''

Shame but he was poor in the home Ashes and our seam attack is fairly strong without him. Unlike Boland, most of our English seam bowlers can bat.

Also opens up an overseas slot for a left armer (e.g. Fernando) or an opener.
Being replaced by Peter Siddle
FFS. Hopefully a joke...

so........ less of an ooh and more of an ah!

It feels unlikely to me that he developed plantar fasciitis on that first day at Edgbaston. I reckon he already had it and has been managing it (because it can be managed) but ideally rest is a major part of any treatment and so once he's aggravated it, I'm guessing CA pushed for him to spend the rest of their winter with his feet up

all a bit of a disappointment really

Last edited:
so........ less of an ooh and more of an ah!

It feels unlikely to me that he developed plantar fasciitis on that first day at Edgbaston. I reckon he already had it and has been managing it (because it can be managed) but ideally rest is a major part of any treatment and so once he's aggravated it, I'm guessing CA pushed for him to spend the rest of their winter with his feet up

all a bit of a disappointment really

Club were aware of this in advance

Back