Scariest ground you’ve ever been to from a Liverpool forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roker park was always the only place I wouldn't bother finding a pub and having a drink before the match - definitely needed to keep your wits about you as an away fan

That small away bit in the corner near the main stand looked scary as a Home fan even. It wasn’t a very welcoming place all closed in dark and in the later years just surviving walking up the stairs and the toilets was a blessing.

Back in the seventies I was in/on the North Bank* with the Arsenal fans when they were beating Man Utd 3-0. Fantastic atmosphere but a little scary for a young girl as you were pushed down the terraces when Arsenal scored. No other ground/or route to ground has been scary but i wasn't an oiky youth :cool:. You could feel the electricity in the air outside (and inside) Selhurst Park on occasion though.

I remember reading some hooligan book that a mate had loaned me, and in it that Jason Marriner (Chelsea) and Colin Blaney (Man Utd) said it was easily one the worst places to go to, especially during the miners strike. The lad from Everton also said if Sunderland were organised, they would’ve been unstoppable due to the numbers we took away.

I’m glad Football has came a long way from hooliganism. The 80’s sounded mental following your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back