Scariest ground you’ve ever been to from a Liverpool forum

I don't go as often as I should.

I wish you had run into our lot.

I did mate, got clouted in the main stand, was in the Fulwell but i was 16ish and ran like fuck onto the pitch :lol:, i also was in the clock stand Liam o brien game, huddled in a corner next to the Fullwell , no one came near us.

Roker was easily more scary the SJP i guess for an away fan with all the little streets off memory around the ground.However we tended to come away the points so ive nothing but happy memories TBone mukka ;)

I did mate, got clouted in the main stand, was in the Fulwell but i was 16ish and ran like fuck onto the pitch :lol:, i also was in the clock stand Liam o brien game, huddled in a corner next to the Fullwell , no one came near us.

Roker was easily more scary the SJP i guess for an away fan with all the little streets off memory around the ground.However we tended to come away the points so ive nothing but happy memories TBone mukka ;)

Seemed to be mags dotted about all over the ground that game.

We'e you one of them right in corner of Clockstand practically standing in a group on your own and nobody within abkut 20 yards of you's ? Always remember that.

Seemed to be mags dotted about all over the ground that game.

3 games Dangermag, were you not there? in our end i bet? :cool:

We'e you one of them right in corner of Clockstand practically standing in a group on your own and nobody within abkut 20 yards of you's ? Always remember that.

yeah, a lot of lads from Battle Hill in Wallsend , walked through a street with a windmill i remember and then jumped on a bus to the ground, no one came near us but again i was young and a soft cernt.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was only a handful at the end near the fence of Clockstand and Fulwell. Getting coins and all all sorts hoyed at them but I will say the lads didn't move one bit.

Is that the game when they were dragged out by stewards and marched halfway round the ground past the fans ? my brother was at that game I think and he said they'd got dogs abuse ? :lol:.

think this was the game me and 3 lads were in the main stand, quiet as fook till the teams came out then we just sang united, scarpered when quickly sussed up onto the gravel track into our end with coins and pies raining down from the seats up in he corner of the main stand, kid got smacked with me but again i somehow avoided a twatting, dunno why i did it but i just couldnt get away tickets and my mate always seemed to get them for your end.

There was only a handful at the end near the fence of Clockstand and Fulwell. Getting coins and all all sorts hoyed at them but I will say the lads didn't move one bit.

i remember there wasn't actually many in that paddock mind, we deffo celebrated the Liam o Brien goal with full on jumping around mind and survived.

Back in the seventies I was in/on the North Bank* with the Arsenal fans when they were beating Man Utd 3-0. Fantastic atmosphere but a little scary for a young girl as you were pushed down the terraces when Arsenal scored. No other ground/or route to ground has been scary but i wasn't an oiky youth :cool:. You could feel the electricity in the air outside (and inside) Selhurst Park on occasion though.
Stood in the North Bank a few times to watch our lot. No problems. But I wouldn't have done that at Spurs - horrible lot. Scariest ground for me was anywhere the bottles were flying and I saw that at Roker (v Newcastle) and St James (so-called friendly v Rangers). Come to think of it, I've been to Ibrox and that was the scariest, and unhealthy too if you got caught by youngsters pissing from the rafters overhead.

Lots of grounds were scary back in the day,though the ones i hated wrer Boro,Man City, and West Ham,got a kicking twice as a youngster at Roker park

Back