Same starting 11 v Peterborough or gooch in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure playing at higher level in past has to do with anything and you wouldn't be saying that if leadbitter didn't play well yesterday
Nobody has seen enough of him to warrant a place it’s pure guesswork and Parkinson’s already said he’s more competition for Maguire than anyone else

Gooch back in. I thought he looked rusty in preseason but if he's sharpened up then fair enough and Saturday showed what he can do.

Been a bit disappointed in O'Brien. He's definitely got a bit of quality to his game but he misses loads of good chances. I was hoping that as a championship player he'd really improve us.

Maguire has been infected with Sunderlandits in which he can only play well for 45 minutes, usually the second half’s 45, the other 45 he’s utter shit.

Long story short, drop Maguire for Gooch and sub him on early in the second half.

Maguire has been infected with Sunderlandits in which he can only play well for 45 minutes, usually the second half’s 45, the other 45 he’s utter shit.

Long story short, drop Maguire for Gooch and sub him on early in the second half.
We Need Maguire and Gooch for goals

I've been leadbitters biggest critic as I think his legs have gone but he played well yesterday and deserves to start again

Grant did play well. A small caveat is that Oxford looked slow - I didn’t think any of their forward or midfield players had the pace to trouble us. (Maybe Agyei when he came on in 2nd half.)

Gooch should definitely start. He's a confidence player who goes on good runs and bad runs, and if he is scoring goals like he did on Saturday, we need him in. We have very few goalscorers or matchwinners.

If we keep the same formation, he should be in for O'Brien.

Leadbitter did have a decent game v Oxford, however Peterborough have a lot more pace in their midfield and attack; Szmodics, Clarke-Harris, Eisa & Dembele.

I think if Power is injured, we should see Scowen in there, even if he partners Leadbitter, with Maguire and/or Gooch in front of them.

Dan Neil should hopefully be on the bench too this weekend.

Let's see how we handle a team with some pace.

I think good has to come in. Made a difference against Bristol and then on Saturday too. He’s earned his spot
I’d stick with Gooch coming on in the 65th minute or so. Run Peterborough ragged and then run over them.
Only works if you’re winning or in the game though.

I'd play Gooch Grigg and Maguire up front. Drop one of the "strikers" and connor Mc from the bench and ensure Neil and Diamond on the bench. Scowen also has to start.
Who would you play Scowen instead of -I presume Power? Scowen wasn't great when he came on Saturday (albeit for relatively short time -though that should work in his favour when we are winning and others are tired?)
Scowen for Dobson. O’Brien Upton with gooch behind.

Leadbitter should be no way near starting line up
Aye drop the lad after a good game

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would you play Scowen instead of -I presume Power? Scowen wasn't great when he came on Saturday (albeit for relatively short time -though that should work in his favour when we are winning and others are tired?)
We actually improved when he came on imo. It's likely to be instead of power who's injured. I'd like to see scowen play deeper of 2 but no need to "hold" as we've 3 in behind.

We actually improved when he came on imo. It's likely to be instead of power who's injured. I'd like to see scowen play deeper of 2 but no need to "hold" as we've 3 in behind.
If Power is out then he will start -hope he grabs his chance as many have said he's our best midfielder-hopefully he shows it and keeps the shirt ...all players will get their chance over the season -the likes of Scowen Diamond and Neil need to show how good they are -think they have all played tonight v Burnley for the under 23s .?

If Power is out then he will start -hope he grabs his chance as many have said he's our best midfielder-hopefully he shows it and keeps the shirt ...all players will get their chance over the season -the likes of Scowen Diamond and Neil need to show how good they are -think they have all played tonight v Burnley for the under 23s .?
They did and did well. Think they'll only get there chance if others injured myself. PP interview b4 match sat wasn't exactly positive.

Would prefer Power to be fit

Would prefer Power to be fit
To be fair we would all have taken four points from the first six ( most would have hoped to win home game and be happy with draw away )
Saturday is big game -draw not worst result win and we are flying ..lose ..well let's hope not ..long old season..so far so good ..7 out of 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back