Same starting 11 v Peterborough or gooch in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyke for Graham, Gooch for O Brien and Scowen for Power would be my 3 changes.

Obviously none of them will happen.
I’d be reluctant to drop O’Brien after 2 games. The lad is getting into good positions, he’s missed easy chances but at least he gets there. I’d give him a bit more time to get off the mark. I don’t think it’s a lot to ask after the way we ploughed ahead with wyke and grigg who were missing sitters.

I’d be reluctant to drop O’Brien after 2 games. The lad is getting into good positions, he’s missed easy chances but at least he gets there. I’d give him a bit more time to get off the mark. I don’t think it’s a lot to ask after the way we ploughed ahead with wyke and grigg who were missing sitters.

I'd probably agree to an extent if they weren't such shocking misses on Saturday. I've said the lad seems to have everything but a goal in him. But it looks as though Parkinson wants him left side of the striker so do you drop him for Gooch?

I'd probably agree to an extent if they weren't such shocking misses on Saturday. I've said the lad seems to have everything but a goal in him. But it looks as though Parkinson wants him left side of the striker so do you drop him for Gooch?
If it was a straight choice between him or gooch I’d drop him. But I’m not sure why we can’t play both.

To be fair we would all have taken four points from the first six ( most would have hoped to win home game and be happy with draw away )
Saturday is big game -draw not worst result win and we are flying ..lose ..well let's hope not ..long old season..so far so good ..7 out of 10?
We have played Bristol Rovers home and an under strength Oxford away.

I’d say 6 points from those two games would have been par for a promotion team.

4 points isn’t a disaster but we should recognise that dropping 2 points home to BR isn’t ideal.

I’d play O’Brien in the middle, Gooch on the left, Maguire on the right. Generally they all work hard and have decent movement.

I’d play O’Brien in the middle, Gooch on the left, Maguire on the right. Generally they all work hard and have decent movement.

I'd like to try O Brien in the middle. Problem is Parkinson clearly doesn't want to. So I think it's Wyke or Graham upfront.

We have played Bristol Rovers home and an under strength Oxford away.

I’d say 6 points from those two games would have been par for a promotion team.

4 points isn’t a disaster but we should recognise that dropping 2 points home to BR isn’t ideal.
Under strength or not still great result at a " fancied " team..others in the mix will get turned over there .
The biggest plus is the amount of chances we are creating ...this weekend is a massive test -so as you say par for promotion team and par was always good when i played golf!

I'd like to try O Brien in the middle. Problem is Parkinson clearly doesn't want to. So I think it's Wyke or Graham upfront.
O’Brien has been playing up front in a two with grigg initially then graham. It’s a midfield three behind them with a central on holding and power and Maguire either side with more license to go forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back