Same starting 11 v Peterborough or gooch in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

................Burge...............
...Willis.Wright.Flanagan
O'9............................Hume
......Leadbitter...Scowen....
Maguire...O'Brien....Gooch

Subs: Matthews, Xhamajli,
Feeney, Neil, Diamond, Graham, Wyke

Assuming Power is injured btw

Last edited:
I want to see Grigg alongside Graham.

Infact i would make a few changes but Parkinson wont. Scowen for Power, Grigg for O'Brien and Grigg for a centre half and change formation.
Scowen for Dobson. O’Brien Upton with gooch behind.
................Burge...............
...Willis.Wright.Flanagan
O'9............................Hume
......Leadbitter...Scowen....
Maguire...O'Brien....Gooch

Subs: Matthews, Xhamajli,
Feeney, Neil, Diamond, Graham, Wyke

Assuming Power is injured btw
Leadbitter should be no way near starting line up

Can't afford to give Peterborough any freebies so next week will be a test. They will exploit any weaknesses as they are useful and won't just come to defend. No Madison or Toney but play Gooch for O'Brian and let them worry about us.

Was it his fresh legs as a sub that allowed that run through their defence? Would it have happened if he started? I've no idea, but it's certainly a great asset to have on the bench when they go stale on the pitch.
Think this is how our manager will look at it...if Gooch starts have we got anyone else that can come on when teams are tired and do what he can?
Scowen? Can someone tell me what he did to deserve a start after yesterday and what Leadbitter did wrong? All I saw from Scowen was a string of poor touches losing and giving the ball away. He might be better than he showed but before he starts he has to produce better as a sub. Power wasn’t great but still was better than Scowen
Have to say after the clamour for him to start -i was dissapointed for the lad when he came on and didnt really stand out-difficult mind for the time he was on but really hoped he would shine...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd play Gooch Grigg and Maguire up front. Drop one of the "strikers" and connor Mc from the bench and ensure Neil and Diamond on the bench. Scowen also has to start.

The clamour for a scowen is ridiculous the blokes played lower league football his whole career yet people want him in ahead of players who have played at a much higher level for the majority

The clamour for a scowen is ridiculous the blokes played lower league football his whole career yet people want him in ahead of players who have played at a much higher level for the majority
Not sure playing at higher level in past has to do with anything and you wouldn't be saying that if leadbitter didn't play well yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back