Sam Greenwood

Behave yasell lad/lass, noticed @Summerbee liked your post, him and his cronies pushed the lad out big style for "coppers"

@Summerbee slating the lads ability/potential at every opportunity to justify the peanuts we received.

Think Bielsa has handled Greenwood poorly IMO, would be nice if they let him go out on loan in January.
He was the one that they couldn't really be accused of doing that eith TBF since it seemed like it was already agreed that he was going to arsenal when they arrived. When arsenal offered around a million, they almost fell oft their collective chairs and started to tout out the rest of the youth team around the premier league!

Would fit the profile of the type of players we seem to be targeting. I'd be happy if we went for him.

Who was the poster who used to belittle Greenwood and all the other young lads (Mumba etc) who we let go for peanuts under the chuckle brothers?
didnt greenwood leave before Donald arrived? in fact he might have given them the idea?

Only seen him for a full game once since he left, think he scored a hat trick against our under 23's and ran them ragged if I remember. Although he is not getting into the last 2 teams he has played for (Arsenal and Leeds), that does not make him a bad player (and especially div1 level). I respect your opinion Hettonlass, but what is it based on?
Stupidity.

I’ll clarify a couple of things on here as a fact.

Yes he did intend on leaving before Donald&Co came, he also looked at Schalke and Boro as him leaving was solely about his future development as a player nothing else.

To suggest he failed at Arsenal is ridiculous, he progressed to U23 at a young age, but you have to remember Willock, Nketia etc and others were ahead of him and he was 18!

He moved back to Leeds as he was homesick, no other reason, Arsenal did not want to sell him.

He would have been open to a loan in the summer to Championship and potentially here in the Summer, but Bielsa specifically blocked any loan for him.

he played for EnglandU21 the other week and scored, and is very well thought of in England Youth Set up hence the call up after injuries.

And no I’m not him his dad or related to him.

Yes he did intend on leaving before Donald&Co came, he also looked at Schalke and Boro as him leaving was solely about his future development as a player nothing else.

To suggest he failed at Arsenal is ridiculous, he progressed to U23 at a young age, but you have to remember Willock, Nketia etc and others were ahead of him and he was 18!

He moved back to Leeds as he was homesick, no other reason, Arsenal did not want to sell him.

He would have been open to a loan in the summer to Championship and potentially here in the Summer, but Bielsa specifically blocked any loan for him.

he played for EnglandU21 the other week and scored, and is very well thought of in England Youth Set up hence the call up after injuries.

So is he coming back ... you seem to know a lot of his circumstances

well said!

(It would be extraordinarily ambitious for us to sign a current England Under 21 international, so don't anyone get your hopes up)

well said!

(It would be extraordinarily ambitious for us to sign a current England Under 21 international, so don't anyone get your hopes up)
We signed an England u20, loaned an England u19, and have shown that we can bring through two current players into England u20 of our own!

extremely ambitious as things stand, but I hope that our near future will see such signings

Which cup games would you expect him to play in? Leeds haven’t exactly played many cup games since he joined them.

He signed for Leeds as an 18 year old in summer 2020, 2 weeks before their only League Cup game last season (beaten by Hull in penalties).

Leeds got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round last season - he came on as a sub and played half an hour.

He came on as a sub in the League Cup defeat to Arsenal this season.
There's clearly an agenda here from Hettonlass. I reckon he must've bucked Hetton lasses daughter and never called her back.

It's a shame these young lads see there futures away at the top clubs rather than stay and fight for a first team spot in the lower leagues....I doubt playing U23's at a top club advances you any further in football than playing actual league football.

Lads like Cerkin and Huggins have used their heads in dropping down, knowing that their progress is being stumped. Obviously, when the big clubs come calling, you're going to want to listen, and being so young usually means you're easy to persuade.

I hope our club continue to go down the route of bringing in talented young lads who are on the cusp of making/breaking it at the top level. I'm sure when our lads are away with the England youth sides, they get lads asking what it's like playing league games week in, week out.

I don't begrudge these lads having a go at their dreams, but hopefully they become wise enough to spot when it's not going to work out at top level and start to look at other options, before wasting more time.

Back