Sam Greenwood

Good for him but hasn’t come close to fulfilling the potential he was showing when Arsenal snapped him up. Think they is a reason why they were happy to take the money. Big season ahead for him, maybe needs a loan.

The 20 year old hasn't come close to fulfilling his potential, interesting.
I think what he meant was he's coming up to 21 and barely played 90 minutes of first team football. He looked really good in the last game but I think struggled before that. He's got a great chance because the new manager rates him. He simply has to get first team football on a regular basis soon. Neil is the same age and has played nearly 50 first team games albeit at a lower level. As has been said it's a key season for the lad.

I think what he meant was he's coming up to 21 and barely played 90 minutes of first team football. He looked really good in the last game but I think struggled before that. He's got a great chance because the new manager rates him. He simply has to get first team football on a regular basis soon. Neil is the same age and has played nearly 50 first team games albeit at a lower level. As has been said it's a key season for the lad.
From what I understand, part of the problem he had was Bielsa being extremely reluctant to loan players out. As you say, he seems to have a fan in Marsch so hopefully he'll crack on.

Good for him but hasn’t come close to fulfilling the potential he was showing when Arsenal snapped him up. Think they is a reason why they were happy to take the money. Big season ahead for him, maybe needs a loan.

On their bench or played a part in Leeds’ last 12 games and got two assists.

Imagine this will be his breakthrough season.

I dont disagree with your overall point but Greenwood is 20. It’s 2nd August and he’s not 21 until 26th January. He has plenty of time on his side and arguably should have been out on loan for part of last season in League One playing with or against Neil for experience. Both are rated and sounds like they’ll have a chance to cut it at a higher level this season. Let’s see what they’re made of.

I dont disagree with your overall point but Greenwood is 20. It’s 2nd August and he’s not 21 until 26th January. He has plenty of time on his side and arguably should have been out on loan for part of last season in League One playing with or against Neil for experience. Both are rated and sounds like they’ll have a chance to cut it at a higher level this season. Let’s see what they’re made of.
I hope the lad gets a chance. It's a tough old world in the Prem but you get the feel he has the talent.

I wouldn’t say that like, Bali was from the same age group and a fair comparison to him, and Greenwood is playing in PL games and just got a decent PL contract, and Bali is back in league 1.

Out of all the lads who have left our academy in the Donald era, he is far and away in the best position.

Back