Sam Greenwood

According to Wikipedia Greenwood has scored 16 goals in 26 games for England at various levels up to U21. Did you include them? He's obviously a good player and better than the two you mention. Whether Leeds is the right club is another discussion. Not sure why you are criticising the lad.
Him and that clown Summerbee are club bots.
Is this a pisstake post?
An epic fail in defending the awful mistakes of the past.

Last edited:

According to Wikipedia Greenwood has scored 16 goals in 26 games for England at various levels up to U21. Did you include them? He's obviously a good player and better than the two you mention. Whether Leeds is the right club is another discussion. Not sure why you are criticising the lad.
Benji Kimpioka man :lol: :lol:

20 games a season for 5 years
1) He’s only 19 so would have been playing lower age group football for at least 2 of the 5 years. The likes of Transfermarkt are only able to give stats on U18s and above and the fact he was playing some U18s football at the age of 15 shows he’s a good player, not the opposite?!?
2) The PL2 season is only 23 games so 20 games a season is normal for an academy player

Last edited:
1) He’s only 19 so would have been playing lower age group football for 2 or 3 of the 5 years. The likes of Transfermarkt are only able to give stats on U18s and above.
2) The PL2 season is only 23 games so 20 games a season is normal for an academy player
But do you think by now he would have broken into a league or cup game

But do you think by now he would have broken into a league or cup game
Which cup games would you expect him to play in? Leeds haven’t exactly played many cup games since he joined them.

He signed for Leeds as an 18 year old in summer 2020, 2 weeks before their only League Cup game last season (beaten by Hull in penalties).

Leeds got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round last season - he came on as a sub and played half an hour.

He came on as a sub in the League Cup defeat to Arsenal this season.

Last edited:
Which cup games would you expect him to play in? Leeds haven’t exactly played many cup games since he joined them.

He signed for Leeds as an 18 year old in summer 2020, 2 weeks before their only League Cup game last season (beaten by Hull in penalties).

Leeds got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round last season - he came on as a sub and played half an hour.

He came on as a sub in the League Cup defeat to Arsenal this season.
It is interesting to look at though. He's 20 very soon and hasn't played a full game - got a few minutes in an FA Cup game and thats it. Had he stayed here its possible he could have had 50 first team games by now. Its pretty clear that for his own development he needs first team football. When Henderson was 18 he'd played in the Championship for Coventry. Jack Diamond is 21 and played nearly 90 first team games. I know nowt about his development but I would guess that of all those youngsters who Donald flogged off it will launch some of them to a top class career while some of them may get lost in these massive clubs where the competition is world class.

As I said I get the impression that Greenwood is a top prospect but he is behind Geldhardt and if I was his parent I'd be a tad concerned that he is nearly 20 and not been exposed to 'mens footy' yet.

It is interesting to look at though. He's 20 very soon and hasn't played a full game - got a few minutes in an FA Cup game and thats it. Had he stayed here its possible he could have had 50 first team games by now. Its pretty clear that for his own development he needs first team football. When Henderson was 18 he'd played in the Championship for Coventry. Jack Diamond is 21 and played nearly 90 first team games. I know nowt about his development but I would guess that of all those youngsters who Donald flogged off it will launch some of them to a top class career while some of them may get lost in these massive clubs where the competition is world class.

As I said I get the impression that Greenwood is a top prospect but he is behind Geldhardt and if I was his parent I'd be a tad concerned that he is nearly 20 and not been exposed to 'mens footy' yet.
I don’t disagree he needs games, but HL is bending the narrative to meet their agenda that he’s shite (he’s only played 95 games in 5 years, when he was only 14 years old 5 years ago; hasn’t played any cup games when Leeds have played 3 cup games since he joined them etc).

He needs a loan in January to kick on, no doubt, but it’s not that unusual for PL teams (especially mid-lower table ones where there are fine margins between being comfortable and fighting relegation) not to blood youngsters unless they are exceptional talents. Dennis Cirkin is 3 months younger than Greenwood and had a grand total of 3 unused sub appearances to his name for the Spurs first-team when we signed him.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree he needs games, but HL is bending the narrative to meet their agenda that he’s shite (he’s only played 95 games in 5 years, when he was only 14 years old 5 years ago; hasn’t played any cup games when Leeds have played 3 cup games since he joined them etc)
The agenda to say he's rubbish is just plain wrong. If he was here he'd be our best prospect ahead of Neil. Whether he's made the right move to Arsenal and then Leeds is a whole different thing.

For clarity, I've read (on here) that Greenwood's transfer to Arsenal was arranged before the divs got their hands on the club. However, I think it's time he came hyem. He can have the freedom of Woods Terrace.

Back