Sam Fender

If he was one of ours this place would be all over him like the second coming of Christ.

I’ll be honest I’ve never listened to his music much but I did read an interview with him in the guardian before about his hatred for working class Tories. Always thought he was a cany lad from then on.

He seems to be one of those people who hate Tories because it’s cool, rather than due to any genuine beliefs, as shown by his celebrating the Newcastle takeover.

The type to live in a detached 5 bed house and spend £70 on a t-shirt that’s designed to look poor/working class

Met him a canny few times through mutual friends, he's a genuinely lovely lad. Do wish he'd pack in the Newcastle fan stuff at his gigs though, never had any issues but always gets me a bit edgy when you're surrounded by pissed up lads giving it the toon toon shite.

Definitely doesn't live in a 5 bed detached either :lol:

He’s mint. The mag things a bit crap but I’m bound to think that as a Sunderland fan, so his next tour I’m just going to see him away from Newcastle.

He’s mint. The mag things a bit crap but I’m bound to think that as a Sunderland fan, so his next tour I’m just going to see him away from Newcastle.
My Mrs reckons he had people chanting or tried to get them chanting Mag songs somewhere else in the country on his recent tour. Pathetic if true.

My Mrs reckons he had people chanting or tried to get them chanting Mag songs somewhere else in the country on his recent tour. Pathetic if true.
Must say that at the Newcastle arena one the other week, as much as he had the wor flags and local hero as he come out he didn’t particularly mention the football. More about how buzzing he was to be playing a crowd this big at home etc. Mind that might have been because the crowd were just a giving it toon toon off their own back like.

He seems to be one of those people who hate Tories because it’s cool, rather than due to any genuine beliefs, as shown by his celebrating the Newcastle takeover.

The type to live in a detached 5 bed house and spend £70 on a t-shirt that’s designed to look poor/working class

You have absolutely no way of knowing whether any of that is true or not. And yet you seem so confident that it is. Odd.

He seems a genuinely canny lad and I've decided to forgive him for his earlier mag heavy gigs where he was griefing random mackems in the crowd. I'm gonna put it down to daft over excitedness.

He is a local lad who connects with younguns. Bruce Springsteen for 20 year olds who shop at Primark and watch I’m a celebrity.
He will be playing football stadia in a couple of years.

Hypersonic missiles is an anthem. Genuinely toe tapping.
:lol:

I see all the ones who say he's utter shite don't provide any suggestions as to who is a better artist/band to listen to. Is it because those suggestions stopped being relevant in the 70s?

:lol:

I see all the ones who say he's utter shite don't provide any suggestions as to who is a better artist/band to listen to. Is it because those suggestions stopped being relevant in the 70s?
I’m not a fan of music snobs. It is obvious why he is popular and he can write a song. Not someone I’d go and see or listen to but it’s obvious he is talented and plenty of younguns who like music will be fans.

Back