Sam Fender

Ignoring the dull professional Geordie aspect of him which is ridiculously cringeworthy, the music is incredibly turgid.

Read through the lyrics man, it’s like it was written by a slightly embarrassing 6th form student. I honestly rekon atleast half of the posters on here could knock out lyrics like those if given a few hours and the brief ‘do an impression of Billy Bragg if he had read nothing other than an edition of the independent from 2010’. Absolutely nothing clever, proper low hanging fruit, dull, turgid, overdone shite. The music itself is completely uninspiring without any real hook. Jake Buggs first album was in the same vein but lightyears ahead of the shite this kid is putting out.

I’d say I am shocked he is so popular, but to be honest I’m not, he’s just Adele for people that think Oasis are the best band ever. Don’t get the canny lad comments either, he seems like a two dimensional boring gonk, ten a penny in any gastropub across the region.

Thankfully when he gets that ITV2 presenting job he is clearly desperate for he will put the guitar down.

Last edited:
He can get fucked with all that Mag bullshit at his gigs. I have absolutely no desire to listen to any of his music based on this.

It’s to be expected mind. Ive been to gigs all over the country and Newcastle is the only place you consistently hear football chants in between songs or pre-encore. There’s no need at all.

<<<this

you pay money to see/listen to a band you like. Not a football chant.

Ignoring the dull professional Geordie aspect of him which is ridiculously cringeworthy, the music is incredibly turgid.

Read through the lyrics man, it’s like it was written by a slightly embarrassing 6th form student. I honestly rekon atleast half of the posters on here could knock out lyrics like those if given a few hours and the brief ‘do an impression of Billy Bragg if he had read nothing other than an edition of the independent from 2010’. Absolutely nothing clever, proper low hanging fruit, dull, turgid, overdone shite. The music itself is completely uninspiring without any real hook. Jake Buggs first album was in the same vein but lightyears ahead of the shite this kid is putting out.

I’d say I am shocked he is so popular, but to be honest I’m not, he’s just Adele for people that think Oasis are the best band ever. Don’t get the canny lad comments either, he seems like a two dimensional boring gonk, ten a penny in any gastropub across the region.

Thankfully when he gets that ITV2 presenting job he is clearly desperate for he will put the guitar down.
He’s lasered in on every kid addicted to Twitter then borrowed off Billy Bragg and Taylor Swift to reel them in.

Simon Cowell must be gutted X Factor got binned before he could hoy him in a sack.

<<<this

you pay money to see/listen to a band you like. Not a football chant.
I remember going to see Cast at The Mayfair in the mid 90s and all through it some berk was waving a Mag top at the front at them throughout and starting Mag football chants. You could see they were becoming pissed off and even moreso when some knacker hoyed a glass ashtray when they didn't join in

If he was one of ours this place would be all over him like the second coming of Christ.

I’ll be honest I’ve never listened to his music much but I did read an interview with him in the guardian before about his hatred for working class Tories. Always thought he was a cany lad from then on.

Back