Salmon Pants buys Charlton Athletic

Price of Football podcast does an analysis. Charlie’s fronting the company SE7 which is mysteriously headquartered in the Cayman Islands. EFL will surely want to know who the real backers are

The only input they will get from the yank investors is a bank statement allowing the deal to happen. I wouldn't wish CM on anyone other than the mags tbh.

I normally just quieten you down by posting that allowing ES to structure the deal like that was the only way they got the club. If they’d said “No ES no” then he’d have hoyed an extra £25m on the asking price.
If that’s not “buying the club with its own money“ then it’s in the same postcode.
Is he still ignoring this one? He always does.
Possibly. Personally I think there was no good reason for the EFL to have turned them away anyway.
Apart from it being against the rules/regs. Which was why it went to an emergency committee. If has been subsequently mentioned ES was gonna pull the plug then the committee really had little choice.
The last three people on the planet to ever then be employed by safc should then be the three on the committee that nodded the deal through. Stuff like that needs to not only be clean but seen to be clean.

Last edited:

Apart from it being against the rules/regs. Which was why it went to an emergency committee. If has been subsequently mentioned ES was gonna pull the plug then the committee really had little choice.
The last three people on the planet to ever then be employed by safc should then be the three on the committee that nodded the deal through. Stuff like that needs to not only be clean but seen to be clean.

Which rules or regs is it against?

It's essentially an optics problem, since the committee had little choice anyway.

What do you mean by “pull the plug”

What do you mean by “pull the plug”
He supposedly said that was his only other option. The twat twins with the PP enabled purchase or pulling the plug. Which was why the FLs emergency committee waved it through. It wouldn’t have been a good look to have the club that’d been at the time the sixth most successful or joint sixth most successful club on the scrap heap. May have been paper talk.
I honestly don't know, I thought you did? Perhaps they wanted assurances of the plan because of the amount of debt we had to SBC bank?
Because buying a club with its own money is against the rules n regs. Enjoy your day.

He supposedly said that was his only other option. The twat twins with the PP enabled purchase or pulling the plug. Which was why the FLs emergency committee waved it through. It wouldn’t have been a good look to have the club that’d been at the time the sixth most successful or joint sixth most successful club on the scrap heap. May have been paper talk.

Because buying a club with its own money is against the rules n regs. Enjoy your day.

But that isn't what they did, the parachute payments went to pay the bank debt, the problem with it was that they lied to us from the start about it. Well either that or you believe Short paid SBC off personally? Either way it amounts to the club paying it's debt. The issue was the bullshit they spoke afterwards.

I also dunno why you're telling me to enjoy my day like a petty child, I'm just trying to understand what rules n regs were broken man. If we want to get petty we can talk about you lying about Rodwell rocking up at SAFC a few weeks after he gave the takeover the ok.

Back