Salad

Iceberg (shredded)
red onion
cucumber
cherry toms (halved)
carrot (shredded)
cheese (grated)

in a bowl dollop of salad cream to mix. or plain old salt and vinegar if accompanied by a tin of aldi's finest red salmon. (in a lush brown bun)

If you’re making a salad, what do you use? However banal this thread might sound, I fancy a salad now and I want inspiration from you lot. Salad rut.

Herbal came round once when I was making a salad.
Him 'making a salad like'
Me 'aye'
Him 'its massive, mine are only half the size of that'
Slight pause
Him 'i do have a box of biscuits afterwards though'

True story

Loads of different ones but one of my favourites is pea shoots , orange segments , red onion , pomegranate and a sesame dressing

Love being able to eat salads nowadays

Currently making a salad now to go with my chicken kebab. Home made pickled red cabbage, shredded iceberg lettuce, onion topped with garlic and chilli sauces.

I think my favourite is probably a Thai pork mince salad with peanuts. Shredded iceberg lettuce, grated carrots, chopped spring onion, shredded cucumber and chopped fresh corriander as the base then top with browned pork mince fried with garlic and ginger purée chopped red chillis some sugar and Thai fish sauce. Dress the salad with a lime and oil vinaigrette then sprinkle crushed peanuts on the top. You can have that one for nowt :)
Oooh, that reminds me, the Thai crying Tiger salad is f***ing topper.

Has this board turned into netmums or what
No, don't mention them any more either or they'll come back and knack us again.

OP tried to get in his wedding suit mid week
Tight bastard like? Both him and the suit?

Last edited:

Back