Safsee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say the quality comment isn’t quite fair. I was watching on a 55 inch 4K telly and I would describe the quality as somewhere between standard definition and HD. Obviously nowhere near 4K but miles better than some of the SD older programmes. The biggest issue was motion blur tbh, but even then it was a perfectly acceptable stream, if not quite worth £10.

This, for a stream, it look's very good when played via the tele

I’d say most drop outs seem to be a result of using VPN providers, I never have an issue when overseas and not connected via VPN.

Reading this thread, I can’t believe anybody finds it watchable on a tv. It’s good on an iPad, perfectly okay on a laptop top but too low res on a bigger screen - 90 minutes of spot the ball with no prizes at the end.

I’m happy to have it, it’s better than nothing, but it’s not HD streaming by any stretch of the imagination.

My biggest irritation is I have still yet to find a way of purchasing a pass on an iPad/phone, and only see the login prompts on a desktop browser.

What speed internet you got? Quality does go down if you have shitty internet

Received a 50% refund. Fair enough tbh and I’d likely give the service another go.

I actually feel £5 is about what it’s worth given the quality, lack of commentary, no score or time etc. But hey ho, the things an exile has to do :lol:

Received a 50% refund. Fair enough tbh and I’d likely give the service another go.

I actually feel £5 is about what it’s worth given the quality, lack of commentary, no score or time etc. But hey ho, the things an exile has to do :lol:

Use an Ethernet cable

I pay for a season pass - I'm in Dubai - and usually it's OK. But I missed a good 20 mins of the first half (so three goals), and the start of the half.

The match kicks off here at midnight, so I'm already tired, then you start flapping, trying to get it to work in case you're missing something (in this case, goals!). I tried different browsers, restarting, the classic 'turning it on and off again', and eventually it came on.

I emailed them - after the game - and was told no refund as I didn't email during the game (when I was doing my best to find out what was happening during the game),. Not even slightly arsed about the money, I just want someone to acknowledge that this is bad crack - all I want to do is see the bloody match.

I escalated the matter, to me they are taking no responsibility for the service offering. I have a superb connection, and the service desk placed the onus on me, my connection, cleaning the browser. Never once highlighting they were have problems across the network. My assumption to them had been it was across the network and it was their application at fault. Only later seeing this string of mails I was correct. The service often hangs and I keep going back for more! They should be offering a solid service, suggest escalate the matter to the highest echelons of the club. I did get a refund, but the refund was never the issue, seeing my club play was, that they did not seem to get.

SAFSEE offer a service, be the best it can be, and if it does not work, or is beset with problems, then, do not put it to market.

I escalated the matter, to me they are taking no responsibility for the service offering. I have a superb connection, and the service desk placed the onus on me, my connection, cleaning the browser. Never once highlighting they were have problems across the network. My assumption to them had been it was across the network and it was their application at fault. Only later seeing this string of mails I was correct. The service often hangs and I keep going back for more! They should be offering a solid service, suggest escalate the matter to the highest echelons of the club. I did get a refund, but the refund was never the issue, seeing my club play was, that they did not seem to get.

SAFSEE offer a service, be the best it can be, and if it does not work, or is beset with problems, then, do not put it to market.
To be fair to them, at the beginning of the season they said it wasn't the service they wanted but but had to get it working quickly. I think next season will be better.

Just had a follow up email. The problem was as soon as it started streaming someone at the club started using the downstairs phone :evil:

Cheers for that mate. I don’t suppose you’d know why I can watch SAFSEE content from iPhone cast to my tv but the match won’t play using the same pathway with the VPN enabled. Excuse my ignorance but I’m old and self taught on these things :lol:

Not sure if someone has already helped you with this but there is a way around it if you use a paid VPN. I had this issue and it annoyed the hell out of me, could cast perfectly fine but as soon as I turned VPN on it wouldn't work.

I have tunnelbear VPN on my phone which has a free version (but with very little monthly data, need to pay for unlimited). Got in touch with them to ask if there's any way of sorting it. They said there is an option on tunnelbear called "splitbear" but pretty certain almost all paid VPN will have a similar setting with a different name.

What it does is that it puts on the VPN but you can choose apps not to have the VPN protecting. Basically, I tick to make sure that google play services isn't covered by the VPN. This means that it can cast to my chromecast as both have the same IP address, but my IPTV app is protected, allowing me to still stream matches even if there's a block in place, so I managed to get the match onto my tele with the VPN turned on. Hope that a) helps for any future games and b) makes sense

Last edited:
Not sure if someone has already helped you with this but there is a way around it if you use a paid VPN. I had this issue and it annoyed the hell out of me, could cast perfectly fine but as soon as I turned VPN on it wouldn't work.

I have tunnelbear VPN on my phone which has a free version (but with very little monthly data, need to pay for unlimited). Got in touch with them to ask if there's any way of sorting it. They said there is an option on tunnelbear called "splitbear" but pretty certain almost all paid VPN will have a similar setting with a different name.

What it does is that it puts on the VPN but you can choose apps not to have the VPN protecting. Basically, I tick to make sure that google play services isn't covered by the VPN. This means that it can cast to my chromecast as both have the same IP address, but my IPTV app is protected, allowing me to still stream matches even if there's a block in place, so I managed to get the match onto my tele with the VPN turned on. Hope that a) helps for any future games and b) makes sense

Thanks very much for that. I’ll have a go at that.

Thanks very much for that. I’ll have a go at that.

No bother mate. Best thing to do is download tunnelbear (for free) and try to get your phone to cast with the VPN turned on. It won't work, so then go to settings and turn splitbear on, and make sure if it's chromecast you're using that Google play services is marked to not be covered by the VPN. It should then cast properly even with VPN on. But you might as well test it out with the free version so you can be certain you've got it right first! Basically keep asking it to keep certain apps out of the VPN coverage until it works! I couldn't get it to work with my firestick because the app I mirror with on my phone wasn't spotted by tunnelbear, but thankfully I had a chromecast lying about and it worked!

No bother mate. Best thing to do is download tunnelbear (for free) and try to get your phone to cast with the VPN turned on. It won't work, so then go to settings and turn splitbear on, and make sure if it's chromecast you're using that Google play services is marked to not be covered by the VPN. It should then cast properly even with VPN on. But you might as well test it out with the free version so you can be certain you've got it right first! Basically keep asking it to keep certain apps out of the VPN coverage until it works! I couldn't get it to work with my firestick because the app I mirror with on my phone wasn't spotted by tunnelbear, but thankfully I had a chromecast lying about and it worked!

Cheers. Sounds a bit complicated but I’m sure I’ll work it out eventually.

Great stuff but I'll watch the highlights on Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back