Safe standing at gigs

Thing is, if people are ganna gan on like arseholes and 'gan mental' as you put it, why does it have to be down the front? They're not exactly watching the show. I'd agree with the people who 'got there first' to be honest.

You’re essentially asking to change the entire dynamic of a rock gig that’s been around forever.

You might as well try and stop swearing at the football.

I’ve just been banned from that group for being “ableist” and “vaguely hostile”. :lol::lol:
I forget you can’t argue like you can on here in other groups.
I only said disabled people go down the front if they can’t handle it.

Was always the crack at gigs when I was younger. If your down the front you will be crushed behind that people moshing and standing at the back or sides. Pushing through to get to the pit was always accepted but I would never push to the front.

Remember at radio 1 big weekend when the foo fighters were playing jumping about with my eyes shut and some lass started punching me in the face because I pushed her. Told her if she did it again I would knock her out not my proudest moment but dunno what she expected.

every man for himself if you buy a ticket for the standing section like. If I want to be near the front then I'll move to the front, if I just wanna chill and not get involved then I'll get the fuck out the road & I'd avoid whinging at folk who wish to get to the front.

it's not rocket science. :cool:

Was always the crack at gigs when I was younger. If your down the front you will be crushed behind that people moshing and standing at the back or sides. Pushing through to get to the pit was always accepted but I would never push to the front.

Remember at radio 1 big weekend when the foo fighters were playing jumping about with my eyes shut and some lass started punching me in the face because I pushed her. Told her if she did it again I would knock her out not my proudest moment but dunno what she expected.

lasses are the worst for standing in prime moshpit area then dishing out death stares and hayemakers when coked up lads jump within 10 foot of them. Even worse when lads drag their burds through the crowds then spend the entire show with her in his arms dishing out backhanders at everyone that steps towards them.

Last edited:
I’ve just been banned from that group for being “ableist” and “vaguely hostile”. :lol::lol:
Don’t go down the front, even.

When you get through the pit and hang onto the front people for a breather, you always get some tiny lass bucking back at you for crushing them, even though there’s several hundred people crushing you. Even when you lock your arms out and give the people in front a bit of a breather, they still look at you like it’s your fault.
This was the whole point of the discussion on there. 4 foot 10 wimmin demanding their right to mix it with 6 foot blokes down the front cos they couldn’t see from the back.

Last edited:
I almost agree with Captain Shambles. If you are at the front, you take what is coming and if you want peace and quiet, stay further back.
Only the last sentence I have a problem with. If you're trying to push past me to get to the front you're going to get an elbow in your face. There's ways and means of edging your way forward without being a dick about it.
The band you're seeing should set the tone
Anyone waiting hours and rushing to the front to see killing joke without being pushed needs stoning

'from the moshpit'. Absolute scenes from of the off (2 mins):cool: @Dave Herbal would've loved it.

They'd have still had their phones out if he hadn't started with Oasis though

Last edited:
At standing gigs there is a 'place to be' depending upon how you wish to behave. Front few rows to stand there and gawp at the band where it is best to be a fat lad to take the inevitable bumping and hold your ground. The biggest lad in the venue always seems to be there early doors to stand in front of the vocalist in the front row. when this section has been filled you then get the jumping around like a daft cunt area and if you want to be knocked about and get sweaty this is the place to be. Anywhere else in the venue it is where you go to find a decent vantage point without being knocked about.
Anyone who isn't aware of this is a f***ing amateur.

Depends where you are. If you’re at the academy, it’s easy to get down the sides with “excuse mes” all the way then pile into the middle during a rowdy one. However, if it’s crammed solid like Northumbria uni, and you’re stuck at the back, there’s only thing for it. Excuse mes while you push through all the way then gap hopping through the mosh to the front. Me and @I’m Spartacus were forced to employ the bulldozer technique last year, and if you didn’t want to move there’s not much you’re going to be able to do to stop a 30 stone train coming through. Naughty I know but my philosophy is “if you don’t want people to push past, stand closer to the front”. I’m not talking spilling pints and knocking people over mind, just a relentless progression through the battle zone.

Someone did that to me a couple of years ago & got a swift kick to the ankle... Unfortunately for him I was still wearing my work boots.

At the O2 gig a couple of years back when the Mary Chain played Psychocandy start to finish, I was stood a little back from the front near this bunch of arsehole beer-bellied balding blokes in their fifties all in their matching brand new JAMC t-shirts, giving it large and very loud before the band came on about how they were going to destroy anybody in their way so everyone better watch out.

First song came on, they started their own mini-moshpit rather than going further down the front where everyone else was doing it, smacking into everyone else who had chosen to be there because they didn't want to down near the front, just wanted to watch the gig.

By the time the third song came on, they had all staggered back, panting, red-faced like they were about to stroke out, and that was their evening done apart from a bit of swaying about and shit fist pumping in the air.

The group I'm on as well? :lol: to be fair a lot of them are a right bunch of f***ing freaks. Getting f***ing sad over mildly controversial lyrics etc.

As you know, I'm with you on this debate. However I am possibly not as direct as you when you are getting to where you want to be in a gig :lol:

The group I'm on as well? :lol: to be fair a lot of them are a right bunch of f***ing freaks. Getting f***ing sad over mildly controversial lyrics etc.

As you know, I'm with you on this debate. However I am possibly not as direct as you when you are getting to where you want to be in a gig :lol:
Gotta use the tools that God gave you.

I’m currently engaged in a heated debate on social media regarding this.
As far as I’m concerned, if you go to rock/punk gigs anywhere bigger than a pub, you have a choice of standing anywhere in the room and watching the show, or going down the front and being pushed, pulled, crushed and generally knocked about. That’s the way it is and the way it’s always been.
Now, it seems, there are people who are demanding to be able to stand at the front cos “we got there first” and watch the show without being subject to the hurly burly of the pit or the crush of those hanging on for a breather at the front.
Seems to me they have the whole place to stand but are trying to spoil it for the people who want to gan mental be demanding this. Oh and apparently pushing through the crowd to get to the front makes you a dick.

They need to fuck off, safe standing my arse.

Op sounds like a bully imo

Could be kids at the front
At the front of a macc lads gig??? I doubt It...

Last edited:
Don’t go down the front, even.

When you get through the pit and hang onto the front people for a breather, you always get some tiny lass bucking back at you for crushing them, even though there’s several hundred people crushing you. Even when you lock your arms out and give the people in front a bit of a breather, they still look at you like it’s your fault.
This was the whole point of the discussion on there. 4 foot 10 wimmin demanding their right to mix it with 6 foot blokes down the front cos they couldn’t see from the back.
Would love to see there reaction to a circle pit. There’s a bit of a code of conduct though. If someone ever went down I’d always do my best to rag them back up onto their feet before they were trampled!

I’m currently engaged in a heated debate on social media regarding this.
As far as I’m concerned, if you go to rock/punk gigs anywhere bigger than a pub, you have a choice of standing anywhere in the room and watching the show, or going down the front and being pushed, pulled, crushed and generally knocked about. That’s the way it is and the way it’s always been.
Now, it seems, there are people who are demanding to be able to stand at the front cos “we got there first” and watch the show without being subject to the hurly burly of the pit or the crush of those hanging on for a breather at the front.
Seems to me they have the whole place to stand but are trying to spoil it for the people who want to gan mental be demanding this. Oh and apparently pushing through the crowd to get to the front makes you a dick.

Sound like the sort of people who stand there arm aloft recording the concert on their phone, no that is bad manners.....

Back