Safe standing at gigs

Would love to see there reaction to a circle pit. There’s a bit of a code of conduct though. If someone ever went down I’d always do my best to rag them back up onto their feet before they were trampled!
That goes without saying, but they seem to have this idea that everyone is on a mission to hurt people.

Nah, as someone else said, hardly anyone is. Which is rather refreshing.

At two minutes in there are loads of lights in the crowd.

Pretty sure JAZZMAN was implying they did all have their phones out but sarcastically saying they still would have if they hadn’t opened with an oasis tune.

All this 'moshing' carry on..when did that start..i've been to 100's of gigs over the years..been in amongst it at nearly all the top punk bands and there was no 'mosh pit' then..just the crowd facing the stage moving together..i took my Niece to see Blink 182 last year and Fall Out Boy at Easter this year and this 'moshing' thing is fkn ridiculous..they're all just running round and round..arms flailing then one of them falls over..they're missing the show ffs..I've just read this through and I sound like a right miserable owld bastard.

All this 'moshing' carry on..when did that start..i've been to 100's of gigs over the years..been in amongst it at nearly all the top punk bands and there was no 'mosh pit' then..just the crowd facing the stage moving together..i took my Niece to see Blink 182 last year and Fall Out Boy at Easter this year and this 'moshing' thing is fkn ridiculous..they're all just running round and round..arms flailing then one of them falls over..they're missing the show ffs..I've just read this through and I sound like a right miserable owld bastard.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wait for it...

Went to my first gig nearly 20 years ago now. Less than jake at Newcastle uni and it’s been the crack at all of them since.

Other than getting a response/bit of eye contact off the singer/band on stage, I don't see the attraction of standing right at the front at a gig. I'll pass on getting broken ribs, elbows to the face, placca cups of warm body fluids all over me, getting started on by big blokes with tiny willies/lasses/lasses' lads for the slightest big of unavoidable contact.

Stood about half way back (behind the 14 year olds and the odd weird middle aged bloke mosing away) with a pint and a little more space is much better, the sound is much better being about half way/two thirds of the way back too.

Back