Safe standing at gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosh pits are for absolute gimps
Don’t feel like I’ve been to a show unless I come out bruised and covered in someone else’s sweat.

This, it's just an excuse for pissed up bullies to throw their weight around.
Hello :lol:

None of this makes sense. If you want to me at the front, get there early. Don't use the fact that you might be a fat bastard to out smash someone smaller than you out the way. People get to gigs early so they can stand at the front.

At Springsteen at the SOL a few years ago, this pissed up fat tart tried to push her way to the front despite people having started queuing at 6am to get a good spot. Safe to say she was put in her place and sent packing.
If you’re already at the front it’s fine. I’m talking about people halfway back who don’t want to let you past them.

So if we take away herbals filter it appears what he wants, is for us to agree with him that it’s ok for him to rock up 5 mins before and gan on like a colossal bell to get to the front ?
That’s the top and bottom of it, or is it the front and back?

If you’re already at the front it’s fine. I’m talking about people halfway back who don’t want to let you past them.

The same applies surely? Not everyone can be in the front couple of rows, but everyone who is in front of you presumably got to the venue before you. It's just common courtesy to not blast through folk looking for the slightest gap. If you wanted to be closer, then get there earlier.

Op sounds like a bully imo

Could be kids at the front
The gigs I’m taking about are generally over 16 or 18 only. Don’t think I’ve ever seen kids in the academy. Mind, there was once this bellend and Kendal Calling who had his kids down the front for some rowdy rock act and he was going f***ing mental at some lads for banging into them. Anyone with half a brain could see that it was no place to be standing with little kids. He got his Just desserts when, rant over, he turned to march away and went flat on his back in the mud.

So if we take away herbals filter it appears what he wants, is for us to agree with him that it’s ok for him to rock up 5 mins before and gan on like a colossal bell to get to the front ?
The debate is about being able to stand on the barrier and not get squashed.

Link required to the heated debate on social media.
Closed group.

The same applies surely? Not everyone can be in the front couple of rows, but everyone who is in front of you presumably got to the venue before you. It's just common courtesy to not blast through folk looking for the slightest gap. If you wanted to be closer, then get there earlier.
But you’re standing where you are for a reason. It’s no hardship to move to one side for a second and let someone past who wants to be in front.

Last edited:
The gigs I’m taking about are generally over 16 or 18 only. Don’t think I’ve ever seen kids in the academy. Mind, there was once this bellend and Kendal Calling who had his kids down the front for some rowdy rock act and he was going f***ing mental at some lads for banging into them. Anyone with half a brain could see that it was no place to be standing with little kids. He got his Just desserts when, rant over, he turned to march away and went flat on his back in the mud.

Closed group.

But you’re standing where you are for a reason. It’s no hardship to move to one side for a second and let someone past who wants to be in front.

Did his kids cry anarl? That'll of taught him.

Closed group.

Did he get custard with that or ice cream?

Standing is the only way to watch a gig. Mind if you tried to get in front of me after i'd found my spot i'd kick you in the shins ;)

Standing in the seats in the first block is spot on.

I've seen all kinds of rock/metal gigs but Oasis gigs are the roughest :lol:

Back in their hey day you'd spend the first half hour just trying not to end up on the deck and being trampled to death.

I’m currently engaged in a heated debate on social media regarding this.
As far as I’m concerned, if you go to rock/punk gigs anywhere bigger than a pub, you have a choice of standing anywhere in the room and watching the show, or going down the front and being pushed, pulled, crushed and generally knocked about. That’s the way it is and the way it’s always been.
Now, it seems, there are people who are demanding to be able to stand at the front cos “we got there first” and watch the show without being subject to the hurly burly of the pit or the crush of those hanging on for a breather at the front.
Seems to me they have the whole place to stand but are trying to spoil it for the people who want to gan mental be demanding this. Oh and apparently pushing through the crowd to get to the front makes you a dick.

So they expect to be able to stand at the front and not get knocked and shoved about? Are they idiots? It's not for me anymore but it'd be tempting to go back in the mix just to annoy knackers like these.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back