SAFC v Benfica B

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought his downturn in form last seasoncoincided with the birth of his first child could have possibly been lack of sleep and other stresses of being a dad for the first time took its toll. Or alternatively he could have just became shit

Hopefully , he used to cut inside and had a good strike on him he just seemed to run out of ideas last season

Or 5-3-2, it's arl numbers, in a way. The more interesting matter, arguably, is how they play. That said - and not in any way designed to diminish any (and many) who take the contrary view - I've nivva been able to get away with friendlies, viewing them as slightly enhanced training sessions (apologies for potentially summoning that clowndevil), whose chief purpose is honing match fitness. Their outcome lacks salience, although they can (obviously) be very useful exercises in assisting the coaching staff in assessing the squad.
I'll stick with the golf & poetry till the season starts. Mind, I can't chuffing wait for that!

4-3-3. We’ve got decent wingers, low numbers of strikers, centre halves that can’t pass a ball and midfielders who have enough quality but not enough energy. That fits a 4-3-3 very well - and couldn’t fit 3-5-2 much worse.
Think we are going to bank on Wyke and grigg coming good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back