Sad pastimes/hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

For two years I collected parts to build a replica of the filming model of the Millennium Falcon.

Nearly finished the bastard anarl

Bona fide trainspotter when I were a lad.

Still love anything to do with trains.

Used to come up to Darlington from Kings X in the early sixties to hols with me nan and granda.

A4s and Deltics used be the traction, Alycidon, St Paddy, Crepello, Dominion of Canada, Bittern...

The Talisman, Aberdonian, etc those were the days..

@PinzaC55 :cool:

Having a pint in Chaplins and looked out of the window to see a bloke with a very decent camera taking pictures of buses coming out of the station in the rain, each to their own but fuck me that's a sad and pointless thing to do imo, which others make you think WHY?

Be might have been working on a project or looking for film locations etc

I've absolutely no issues with how anybody wishes to spend their spare time ( apart from our dodgy obviously).
Surely it's the height of arrogance to proclaim your hobby is better / cooler than the next persons ?
I've known / been friends with people who have played warhammer games, collected comics, vinyl, football programmes, online computing etc and if it makes somebody happy then fair dos.

Generally not bothered what hobbies people have but we had one of these at work. Very odd fella. Used to bring bits and bobs of his armor in to shine up or whatever during breaks. Was dying for anyone to strike up a conversation about it all but people would just breeze by looking the other way. One co worker finally broke the silence on the matter on seeing this fella dusting off his headgear..."polishing the old helmet eh?" while laughing...made everyone laugh, really. Poor fella didn't see it as funny and went on all animated about some big battle that night.

Cringeworthy.

Not as cringeworthy as the ignorant pricks who would ignore him. The shit c.nt with the wise crack sounds like one of those finchy from the office types. Reckons he's geet funny but without doubt a total knobhead.

Last edited:
Well the first couple of sentences is full of errors, when someone writes 'according to Wikipedia....' I generally give it a wide berth, and he didn't name Graceland after his mother, I stopped reading then, I suggest you read something of better quality mate, how did you even come across that anyway? Pete Townshend type 'research'??

No it is common knowledge that Elvis started dating Priscilla at 14 years old . As to your Pete Townshend reference I am not a kiddy fiddler and although I am a Who fan and think Townshend is a great songwriter be is also a nonce who managed to avoid prosecution.

Well the first couple of sentences is full of errors, when someone writes 'according to Wikipedia....' I generally give it a wide berth, and he didn't name Graceland after his mother, I stopped reading then, I suggest you read something of better quality mate, how did you even come across that anyway? Pete Townshend type 'research'??

Are you saying Elvis didn't date a child or that it is ok to do so ?

Last edited:
No it is common knowledge that Elvis started dating Priscilla at 14 years old . As to your Pete Townshend reference I am not a kiddy fiddler and although I am a Who fan and think Townshend is a great songwriter be is also a nonce who managed to avoid prosecution.

Are you saying Elvis didn't date a child or that it is ok to do so ?
It's there for all to see, he did then he married her, and she didn't actually move to Memphis till she was 16, different times and a different place to today and I'm not saying he was perfect in any way, anything but tbh, also this lad you are quoting seems a nice chap btw....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-spared-jail-harassing-soldier-s-family.html

I've absolutely no issues with how anybody wishes to spend their spare time ( apart from our dodgy obviously).
Surely it's the height of arrogance to proclaim your hobby is better / cooler than the next persons ?
I've known / been friends with people who have played warhammer games, collected comics, vinyl, football programmes, online computing etc and if it makes somebody happy then fair dos.

Not as cringeworthy as the ignorant pricks who would ignore him. The shit c.nt with the wise crack sounds like one of those finchy from the office types. Reckons he's geet funny but without doubt a total knobhead.

As I say, not bothered about what someone chooses...as you say, if it makes them happy...

I had mentioned he was odd without much in the way of specifics, so fair to assume I meant strictly due to his battle leanings...so fair enough.

The crew at work are often taking the piss out of each other for a laugh and had expected a bit of banter back, rightly or not.

Ok mate...

It's there for all to see, he did then he married her, and she didn't actually move to Memphis till she was 16, different times and a different place to today and I'm not saying he was perfect in any way, anything but tbh, also this lad you are quoting seems a nice chap btw....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-spared-jail-harassing-soldier-s-family.html
So you think he didn't fuck her till she was 16 ? That's really sweet and naive.

A Daily Mail link seals the deal.

Last edited:
What has any of this got to do with the thread ?

It's an extension of the thread as often happens on the smb. I totally get that you are a fan of Evis. I love Gary Glitters music while acknowledging that he is a sick paedophile bastard. I find it strange that other people can't be realisic about their music idols.

It's an extension of the thread as often happens on the smb. I totally get that you are a fan of Evis. I love Gary Glitters music while acknowledging that he is a sick paedophile bastard. I find it strange that other people can't be realisic about their music idols.
I said he's far from perfect, I still haven't seen one shred of evidence from any of his 'victims', when someone comes forward with some credible evidence I'll give it a response, I'll never get his obvious interest in much younger lasses like, I like owld birds who know what they're doing!

I said he's far from perfect, I still haven't seen one shred of evidence from any of his 'victims', when someone comes forward with some credible evidence I'll give it a response, I'll never get his obvious interest in much younger lasses like, I like owld birds who know what they're doing!

You sound as though you are living in denial. Whatever I will leave it here and crack on with my wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back