Sad pastimes/hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally not bothered what hobbies people have but we had one of these at work. Very odd fella. Used to bring bits and bobs of his armor in to shine up or whatever during breaks. Was dying for anyone to strike up a conversation about it all but people would just breeze by looking the other way. One co worker finally broke the silence on the matter on seeing this fella dusting off his headgear..."polishing the old helmet eh?" while laughing...made everyone laugh, really. Poor fella didn't see it as funny and went on all animated about some big battle that night.

Cringeworthy.
:lol:
It's not reet like is it? Wasn't a boy scout leader anarl by any chance??

I'm not a runner but as least there's some health benefits to it tbh, I'm thinking there's a lot of embarrassing pastimes that the SMB partake in beacuse that's not many new ones coming up......:cool:

Just do it as a sport though. Joining a running club is just admitting you are an absolute bore. Up there with serial pastime cyclists. Especially the full kit wankers in groups.

Hold me hands up to being a mild train anorak but what I really thought was on the sad side was the bloke I saw with a pocket tape recorder calling out into it all the serial numbers of the freight wagons as they passed by.

Worse than being an anorak is that I played petanque at a very serious level. :lol:

Hold me hands up to being a mild train anorak but what I really thought was on the sad side was the bloke I saw with a pocket tape recorder calling out into it all the serial numbers of the freight wagons as they passed by.

Worse than being an anorak is that I played petanque at a very serious level. :lol:
Cheers for being honest ......:oops::lol:

Putting my hand out to catch a train as you would a bus.

I disagree. Take a look at the interesting photograph thread for reasons why this chap was doing a very good thing. We take things for granted because we are used to them. Fifty years from now you will be looking at those photos and saying, ee, do you remember when buses were painted black with a cat on them?

Or even, do you remember when we had buses and had to drive in cars! Cue little Martian men falling over laughing their socks off!

Funnily enough this thread sparked a convo in the pub about Leyland Panthers and Jolly Buses

https://tracking code removed/images/VeSGYg

Better link

http://www.sunderland-antiquarians.org/assets/Uploads/Transport/TSJG01.html

Last edited:
Bloke at work whose in his mid 30s and still lives with his mum and dad. He treats himself to one 5 day holiday every year. Finds the cheapest hotel in Shipley and spends the whole 5 days riding on trains taking pictures and videos of stations and stuff.

Bloke at work whose in his mid 30s and still lives with his mum and dad. He treats himself to one 5 day holiday every year. Finds the cheapest hotel in Shipley and spends the whole 5 days riding on trains taking pictures and videos of stations and stuff.
He needs to come over to Nerja mate.......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back