Sad pastimes/hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Having a pint in Chaplins and looked out of the window to see a bloke with a very decent camera taking pictures of buses coming out of the station in the rain, each to their own but fuck me that's a sad and pointless thing to do imo, which others make you think WHY?

I disagree. Take a look at the interesting photograph thread for reasons why this chap was doing a very good thing. We take things for granted because we are used to them. Fifty years from now you will be looking at those photos and saying, ee, do you remember when buses were painted black with a cat on them?

Or even, do you remember when we had buses and had to drive in cars! Cue little Martian men falling over laughing their socks off!

Having a pint in Chaplins and looked out of the window to see a bloke with a very decent camera taking pictures of buses coming out of the station in the rain, each to their own but fuck me that's a sad and pointless thing to do imo, which others make you think WHY?

Saw a bloke in the back of a van the other day taking photos of cars. He was there for hours and must have took loads of pictures.

I used to have a manager at work who would disappear during the day and go down to the bus station to take photos of the buses.

He reckoned he could tell a make of bus just by the sound it made. :lol:

Always found people who go running for fun strange individuals. Always posting updates on FB as well as if anyone cares.

Always found people who go running for fun strange individuals. Always posting updates on FB as well as if anyone cares.
I'm not a runner but as least there's some health benefits to it tbh, I'm thinking there's a lot of embarrassing pastimes that the SMB partake in beacuse that's not many new ones coming up......:cool:

Playing on computer games if you are older than 16.
That's me fucked then.

I'm not a runner but as least there's some health benefits to it tbh, I'm thinking there's a lot of embarrassing pastimes that the SMB partake in beacuse that's not many new ones coming up......:cool:
Health benefits you say, when I was a kid, our insurance man that used to come to the door collecting the money every month was about a 50 yr old and a keen jogger, on one training session he had a massive heart attack and died, I don't think the exercise done him any good at all really.

Last edited:
Historical re- enactment societies
Absolute wrang uns

Generally not bothered what hobbies people have but we had one of these at work. Very odd fella. Used to bring bits and bobs of his armor in to shine up or whatever during breaks. Was dying for anyone to strike up a conversation about it all but people would just breeze by looking the other way. One co worker finally broke the silence on the matter on seeing this fella dusting off his headgear..."polishing the old helmet eh?" while laughing...made everyone laugh, really. Poor fella didn't see it as funny and went on all animated about some big battle that night.

Cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back