SACK MOTT!

Thought this would be bumped, but by someone with fewer cringeposts in their locker.

The team was dreadful when he first took over and he looked like a poor appointment but fair play he's got them to hit peak at just the right time and happy to admit I was wrong.

Selection of Curran and Hales have been big decisions

He’s turned us into absolute shit within 6 weeks.

Brandon man ffs
Thought this would be bumped, but by someone with fewer cringeposts in their locker.

The team was dreadful when he first took over and he looked like a poor appointment but fair play he's got them to hit peak at just the right time and happy to admit I was wrong.

Selection of Curran and Hales have been big decisions

No it didn’t look like a poor appointment

Personally I think this side is soo full of talent and experienced performers not sure a coach of this particular side makes that much difference

The t20 side has defs improved like

They’re loads more flexible and did loads of great things

Stokes opening bowling, Curran death bowler, 7 of side can bowl.

Making the batting lineup even more flexible about who comes in at certain moments

Under Morgan we’d have played a batter less and a bowler more, which we didn’t need

We will see on the 50 stuff but the t20 stuff defs improved. We wouldn’t have won this under Morgan in my opinion, who is obviously brilliant, but had so much say that he wouldn’t let anyone influence it
Absolutely totally agree, I was making reference to the current white ball team

And think that is where our white ball team is at the moment

In general but there’s loads of specifics you’ve ignored

The t20 has changed loads even since the summer
I can't say I was enamoured with the appointment, but TBF, we had a new coach AND a new captain, plus gave game time to some new players. Was always gonna be a rocky start

It’s another brilliant decision by Rob key

I was mixed on him as a commentator but I was really pleased with him getting this gig as he isn’t a corporate suit. Literally everything he has done, appointment etc has been brilliant

He’s also chairing selection and doing a class job, I hope he sticks at it

Last edited:
The return of Hales can't be underestimated, like him or loathe him.

If Morgan had remained as skipper it wouldn't have happened, but with the new management Mott/Buttler we had the opportunity to bring him in as an opener. A decision that was justified in the semi final

The return of Hales can't be underestimated, like him or loathe him.

If Morgan had remained as skipper it wouldn't have happened, but with the new management Mott/Buttler we had the opportunity to bring him in as an opener. A decision that was justified in the semi final
However Hales being out of the side for so long was a good thing. First and foremost we have been excellent without him with 2 out of Buttler, Bairstow and Roy doing everything Hales could for a good while and importantly there was a trust issue not just with Morgan but Stokes also who has only recently got back onside with Hales. We had a great side and didn't need the distraction Hales was bringing with his off the field demeanors. I doubt Hales would admit it but he has learned from being out of the side.

Last edited:

Back