Running thread 2024

Is Runna worth it?

Using my free trial I got with the GNR entry and it seems canny to give some structure, but not sure it's worth what might be available for free?

Entered the Sunderland 10k as a stepping stone to the GNR and got Runna programmed with that as my goal.
I've always wondered this, £15 month seems a lot to replace something that the Garmin should do for free, although the Garmin only seems to have one workout "42 mins at 7:00k/m" regardless of what I've done the days and weeks before.

I've always wondered this, £15 month seems a lot to replace something that the Garmin should do for free, although the Garmin only seems to have one workout "42 mins at 7:00k/m" regardless of what I've done the days and weeks before.

Have you selected any training plans or added any races & events in your calendar on Garmin Connect?
Easier to stick the pace Runna tells me to on the treadmill.

Logon or register to see this image

See that? That's you that is ;)

Last edited:
Is Runna worth it?

Using my free trial I got with the GNR entry and it seems canny to give some structure, but not sure it's worth what might be available for free?

Entered the Sunderland 10k as a stepping stone to the GNR and got Runna programmed with that as my goal.
i love it, mixes up the runs really well. i always wanted to get into running but never could until i started following there plan.
can change the order of the runs and its dead easy to use

My 2 fastest ½ Marathons are both Sunderland. I've ran a lot of flatter & supposedly faster ½s but none of them have even g
Aye, I'm never sure why as it doesn't feel like it should be a mega fast course but I always seem to get decent times there, as do all my family and friends who've done it over the years.

Speaking of Sunderland runs, done that Chariots of Fire thing over the beach tonight. Was decent - nice atmosphere to it, free t-shirt, bit bait from Faustos, would recommend to people if they do the same next year.

Shame I couldn't make the film showing after, sounds like it would have been decent as well.

Bringing up the issue of shin splints again. Anyone who's had it previously still have pain when they weren't running? Been almost two weeks and it's there with every impact through walking, even squatting and standing back up again putting compression/pressure through it.
Seen the GP who gave a physio referral but said the waiting list is ages (4 weeks just for a letter with a number to call to then make an appointment)
Managed to get a video physio consultation through an app/provider at work and have a stretching plan using bands/foam roller etc.

Bringing up the issue of shin splints again. Anyone who's had it previously still have pain when they weren't running? Been almost two weeks and it's there with every impact through walking, even squatting and standing back up again putting compression/pressure through it.
Seen the GP who gave a physio referral but said the waiting list is ages (4 weeks just for a letter with a number to call to then make an appointment)
Managed to get a video physio consultation through an app/provider at work and have a stretching plan using bands/foam roller etc.
Go and see a good sports physio and get them to go to town on your calfs.

I just got back into running this year, where I had stopped for around nearly two years.

Around Christmas time I was around 208lbs, which translates to just under 15 stone. I was struggling to do a 5k within 35 minutes and my cardio was shocking.

I am now down to 168lbs (12 stone) and just this weekend gone I completed the Liverpool half in 1:47. I am signed up to do the Sunderland half this May and my ultimate goal is to complete the Kielder marathon this October.

I’ve also not drank any alcohol since Christmas Day which has helped both physically and mentally.

I just got back into running this year, where I had stopped for around nearly two years.

Around Christmas time I was around 208lbs, which translates to just under 15 stone. I was struggling to do a 5k within 35 minutes and my cardio was shocking.

I am now down to 168lbs (12 stone) and just this weekend gone I completed the Liverpool half in 1:47. I am signed up to do the Sunderland half this May and my ultimate goal is to complete the Kielder marathon this October.

I’ve also not drank any alcohol since Christmas Day which has helped both physically and mentally.
Three stone in three months? Class.

You just running or gym too?

Anyone track this mad Barkley marathon. As a lady it's really inspiring to see a lady who is, as I understand it, on the final 20 mile loop for the first time. It's bloody mental
Follow it every year, love it. There's a good documentary about it.

Back