Running thread 2022

120 mile ran this month, happy with that after being out injured and generally just getting lazy
Impressive that mind. I think 110km this month has been the most i’ve ever ran in a month since I started running regularly last year. 120 miles is some going.

Impressive that mind. I think 110km this month has been the most i’ve ever ran in a month since I started running regularly last year. 120 miles is some going.
Been doing RED January just to try and get my mojo and fitness back.................seems to have worked
Good going that like. I’ve managed 95km, about 55 mile I think.

Do you do lots of runs, or long runs?
Recently because of RED Jan it has been lots of runs (anywhere between 3-8 miles)..............normally (when motivated) I run 6 times a week typically consisting of

6 mile easy run
Interval session (4-6 miles including warm up/warm down)
6 mile run
Interval session (4-6 miles including warm up/warm down)
8-10 mile Easy run
Rest
8-10 mile
120 mile ran this month, happy with that after being out injured and generally just getting lazy
Just realised it was 143 miles............I missed a few days off :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Clocked a 19:33 5km this morning which would be a PB, but was part of a 5.17km course so nothing official! 20:12 on the board. Not the time I wanted but a bit windy!

Feeling good for another 5km in March where I’m aiming for 19:00. Splits today were:
3:49
3:48
3:59
4:12
3:49

3&4 were in head wind so I’m confident for the next one if it’s not blowing!

That’s me done for the weekend hope everyone has a good weekend of running !

PB for 5km this morning I think 25:50

Part of the park run so not sure what me time was will find out soon

I was getting faster albeit out of breath

I know it’s not that fast but I couldn’t run 100 yards last year so I’m pretty pleased with myself

Still don’t enjoy the actual running like but nice feeling after

PB for 5km this morning I think 25:50

Part of the park run so not sure what me time was will find out soon

I was getting faster albeit out of breath

I know it’s not that fast but I couldn’t run 100 yards last year so I’m pretty pleased with myself

Still don’t enjoy the actual running like but nice feeling after
From not running 100 yards to 25:50 is good going mate!

I only started in 2019 and my 5k was 28+ with pauses 👍

From not running 100 yards to 25:50 is good going mate!

I only started in 2019 and my 5k was 28+ with pauses 👍

Thanks mate! Had to really push myself yo get that, mid week go a lot slower. My goal is to do longer runs rather than quicker

That’s an unreal time for you, some progress in a few years for sure

Thanks mate! Had to really push myself yo get that, mid week go a lot slower. My goal is to do longer runs rather than quicker

That’s an unreal time for you, some progress in a few years for sure
Thanks mate.

My advice would be to be consistent in something over time, ideally running, but maintain some cardio and it’ll be easier to make progress (either pace or distance, but usually hand in hand!) in more active spells than if you completely stop and have to start again.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

My advice would be to be consistent in something over time, ideally running, but maintain some cardio and it’ll be easier to make progress (either pace or distance, but usually hand in hand!) in more active spells than if you completely stop and have to start again.

I pretty sure I will keep this up, quite nice knowing I can actually run 5km, its just not something I could ever do, so it ruled out lots of options

Good luck mate.

Did 16k earlier like. Extremely slowly like.
Didn’t work out too good for me, got to 3 miles and felt my calf pull. Stopped for a bit, massaged it and stretched off, managed another mile and it went properly, had to get the wife to pick me up.

Gonna have to rest it for a full week, a set back I didn’t need as haven’t left much float in schedule to get up to marathon distance.

Didn’t work out too good for me, got to 3 miles and felt my calf pull. Stopped for a bit, massaged it and stretched off, managed another mile and it went properly, had to get the wife to pick me up.

Gonna have to rest it for a full week, a set back I didn’t need as haven’t left much float in schedule to get up to marathon distance.

Ah nightmare mate! Hopefully it’s a “grade 1” as the football lot say, and not a minor tear.

Ice it as much as possible.

Marathon training stopped due to stupid covid issues. 16 weeks left and was up to 14 miles last week. At what time do I give it up as a bad job.

I was thinking if not running again within 2 weeks it would be done?

does anyone know if there are mid week park runs or anything like it? Been doing the last few on Saturday but have to work some mornings so can’t

Back