Running thread 2021

Sorry, only just logged on! Thanks for the mention- good day for us yesterday and was feeling the pressure being in the lead. One of your lads was closing in by the end!

Have you got any raced lined up anytime soon? It felt great to be back in the fold.
Who do you run for again?

Sorry, only just logged on! Thanks for the mention- good day for us yesterday and was feeling the pressure being in the lead. One of your lads was closing in by the end!

Have you got any raced lined up anytime soon? It felt great to be back in the fold.
What leg were you? Unfortunately we couldn't spectate, missed out on the crack.

There was some cracking times from quite a few to say that no ones raced in ages, SJ had a cracking run for your senior team too.

Our skipper was pleased overall, the lads that ran for our vets team are probably the best 3 we can put out more or less, people are chomping at the but to race.

Ive got nothing booked till the Sunderland half, I might do a last minute 10km depending on events being on etc, just playing it by ear really.
First post lockdown race today, 5k round the Teesside sports village in a very posh part of Boro
16:22, was happy with that following injury troubles in January and February. Fingers crossed for many more over the next few months 🤞🏻

I looked at those results earlier and saw a 14 year old lad from Morpeth had ran sub 16, but rude that!

Last edited:
There was some cracking times from quite a few to say that no ones raced in ages, SJ had a cracking run for your senior team too.

Our skipper was pleased overall, the lads that ran for our vets team are probably the best 3 we can put out more or less, people are chomping at the but to race.

Ive got nothing booked till the Sunderland half, I might do a last minute 10km depending on events being on etc, just playing it by ear really.

I looked at those results earlier and saw a 14 year old lad from Morpeth had ran sub 16, but rude that!
Aye, there’s some quick young’uns about

They don’t seem to be into tabs and drink like we were at that age 😀

@D.A I ran the last leg. Was an unusual experience being given a good lead then not seeing anybody apart from a few stewards until the end.

Yes, was a bit of a pisser not being able to spectate. One of the best things about being in the oldies race is watching the seniors afterwards.

@Charlestonian Hope you have a good build up to the half mate, a crafty 10K in the meantime probably a good idea.

Aye SJ is a class act like. An absolute running machine and a good lad as well!

@D.A I ran the last leg. Was an unusual experience being given a good lead then not seeing anybody apart from a few stewards until the end.

Yes, was a bit of a pisser not being able to spectate. One of the best things about being in the oldies race is watching the seniors afterwards.

@Charlestonian Hope you have a good build up to the half mate, a crafty 10K in the meantime probably a good idea.

Third fastest leg, class! Well done.

He lives just up the road from me so I see him training quite frequently, hes smashing it at the minute, even by his standards.

I‘m a bit all over the place fitness wise at the minute. The club have put together a speed work programme for the next 6 weeks so I’m going to plough through that and then see where I’m at following that.

I am a touch worried a half in June might not be ideal for a PB but we’ll see what happens I guess.

Back