Running thread 2021

What sort of pace were you sticking to for that? That sounds like hell to be honest.
This morning, I attempted the Cockbain 6 in 6. 6 miles every hour, on the hour for 6 hours, starting at 6am, 36 miles in total. First 4 laps went great and then I suffered on the last 2. Chuffed with how it went! I managed 28 sub 8 minute miles, the rest were sub 9 - just! Rehydrating well at the minute 🍺.

It was 'fun'.

This morning, I attempted the Cockbain 6 in 6. 6 miles every hour, on the hour for 6 hours, starting at 6am, 36 miles in total. First 4 laps went great and then I suffered on the last 2. Chuffed with how it went! I managed 28 sub 8 minute miles, the rest were sub 9 - just! Rehydrating well at the minute 🍺.

It was 'fun'.

Some effort lad that, fair play!

Anyone attempted that 4x4x48 challenge and how did it go?
I did it, found it relatively easy to be honest, was a bit tired on couple runs but legs were fine, did first few runs at a slower pace than normal and also ate a bit after every session.

I have a girlfriend, she was dead to the world the morning ones when i got up, but then generally run early mrning anyway.

Currently recovering from my achilles/calf problems. I still get the odd twinge here and there during the day. But after a break I'm easing back into it with 2 mile runs, I can feel it for the first 10 metres or so then it feels ok. It feels like it's getting better, am I doing the right thing by going out?

Any recommends for running/cycling shades? Even with presription lenses? Not too expensive! Cheers

I think those are mine, best shades I've had for cycling.

Finished Couch to 5k today. Having not ran for more than two decades, probably since I was at school, seemed a sensible place to start. Ideas was to build up fitness for skiing, like that was going to happen this year, but a mate having a heart attack, gave me the motivation to carry on and start - even it self isolation put the breaks on for a couple of weeks. Definitely recommend it to anyone in my position and very satisfying to have just completed a week of three 30 minute runs!

Did my April challange on Sunday, first ultra distance of 50k - went pretty well apart from tripping over a bramble route and hurting my knee, elbow and hands - of course still had 7 bleeding miles to go. Took it at a decent pace had my tailwind as nutricion and all in all was really happy with the 4h43 time. Recovery run yesterday was also fine legs not as sore as would have expected.

Hit 285 miles for March so happy with that as well, back to Z2 plodding along for most of this month, need to think what to do as a challange in May and then June will be the start of marathon training for October.
Steady 15 miles today. Wind was horrific
saw that, was really good run to be out there in the wind as it was bitter dont think could have done my long run in that wind up towards Consett lol.

Any recommends for running/cycling shades? Even with presription lenses? Not too expensive! Cheers
Been trying to find you what i got years ago.
Like prescription sports glasses but you get 3 lots of lenses that clip over, clear, yellow n brown. Were cheap as owt. Ill keep huntin.

Similar

Last edited:
First race since February last year this morning. 10k Lambton trail, lovely route and perfect conditions. Hill at the very end done me in.... just good to be running with others and seeing mates again

My 1st time doing that one. Really enjoyed it although the hill at around 4 miles turned my legs to lead for a bit but managed to recover quickly enough & push hard again.

Back