Running thread 2021

Paced a friend round a 50K yesterday, he's in training for Race to the Castle, feel surprisingly good today and feel could do a 50 miler at the 10-11 minute pace were doing.

But thats my "challenges" done these first few months instead of a April race, few weeks till marathon training kicks in for York in October. Hoping have a decent base and can kick on for a PB in October.

Have also started leaving resistance bands in the kitchen and doing some squats when go in to boil the kettle etc as I never do strength work and this at least gets me going a bit.
Is he from shields? There’s a lad in my street doing that race.

Did my longest run ever yesterday I think, an impromptu 15km or so. Felt fine apart from nearly ripping my nipples off, had to run the last 5 with no shirt.

Hardmoors 110 starts today I think? That looks like a laugh.

I use extra sticky kinesio tape that I've cut up into nipple sized patches. I haven't had one come off yet & they even stay on through the post run shower if I forget to take them off.

Did my longest run ever yesterday I think, an impromptu 15km or so. Felt fine apart from nearly ripping my nipples off, had to run the last 5 with no shirt.

The 160 started last night if you want a proper laugh.

Lad from my club won it, his support runners were all ES monsters, tons of experience, he looked canny fresh at the end!

I'm a shirtless runnerist now. Been in Vancouver too long.

Dinnar what that means, but what's the point in support runners? Not into that like.

He hadn’t run a race over that distance before so various Elvet Striders helped him out, there are rules around it though, you aren’t allowed to tuck in behind them etc.

Back