Running thread 2021

Popped out for a 5km earlier, thought I'd listen to a Penguin podcast with Ben MacIntyre in a bid to keep my HR down. It didn't work though, average of 189 which is a smidge too high!

I haven't done enough phys this year and hopefully it's just a case of getting back in to it.

This marathon is cursed! Campsite cancelled on us, covid outbreak. Really want to do it round kielder but it’s becoming a right ballache

Paced a friend round a 50K yesterday, he's in training for Race to the Castle, feel surprisingly good today and feel could do a 50 miler at the 10-11 minute pace were doing.

But thats my "challenges" done these first few months instead of a April race, few weeks till marathon training kicks in for York in October. Hoping have a decent base and can kick on for a PB in October.

Have also started leaving resistance bands in the kitchen and doing some squats when go in to boil the kettle etc as I never do strength work and this at least gets me going a bit.

Anyone else felt really leggy after their first run after covid jab?
Did 11kish this morning and felt knackered.
Got mine in the morning (Thursday) and scheduled half-marathon in Bamburgh on Saturday, may be a case of being bad on Friday and seeing how I feel first thing on Sat AM.

Had a great week in the lakes last week, plenty of climbing. Progressed on my interval session tonight as well - things seems to be going well. Ullswater 20 miler race a week on Saturday, have the night in Pooley Bridge afterwards 🍻

Back