Running Thread 2019

OH is doing at Cuthbert's way this Saturday. His issue with the last 2 long distance races he's done is that he doesn't eat properly, so he's not got enough fuel to keep him going.

Added to the fact he's on 12 hour nights this week and has no access to anywhere to warm food or a kettle. He needs to start carb loading today really as he won't eat at work unless it's easy to make.

I won't see him till Friday morning and were heading up to scotland pretty much straight away. I've told him to do pasta today before work and a tuna JP thurs before work (would sweet potato be better?) Is weetabix any good? As he will eat that with banana before going to bed in the morning.

We are going out for tea Friday night but apart from that will have limited cooking facilities before the start of the race so need some ideas for snacks, before and during it. I've read peanut butter and bagels are good so I'll be getting that and probably porridge . Plus I'm doing a pasta bake Thursday night for me and the bairn so he'll have some of that for during the day friday

Sorry for long post hope u didn't get too bored I just want him to complete it as he's not had the best preparation for it
Don't want to sound offensive, but he sounds like a right bairn. Why can't he make meals or sarnies to eat at work? I'm doing the 45 mile race.

For my dinner today I have chicken pasta with an egg.

Don't want to sound offensive, but he sounds like a right bairn. Why can't he make meals or sarnies to eat at work? I'm doing the 45 mile race.

For my dinner today I have chicken pasta with an egg.

He's doing 45 as well but youll be finished a lot quicker :lol:

He doesn't usually eat anything at work but is doing a lot of overtime this week so he needs to. When I say easy to make I mean it would just be sandwiches as they don't have a kettle or microwave and he just usually eats shit from the takeaways.

It's more what I can prepare for fridaay and during the race. So I can hard boiled some eggs will rice be ok? I can take some of those microwave packets as I'm sure there's a microwave where were stopping. I'm getting peanut butter for sandwiches for during it. Flapjack and stuff like that

He's doing 45 as well but youll be finished a lot quicker :lol:

He doesn't usually eat anything at work but is doing a lot of overtime this week so he needs to. When I say easy to make I mean it would just be sandwiches as they don't have a kettle or microwave and he just usually eats shit from the takeaways.

It's more what I can prepare for fridaay and during the race. So I can hard boiled some eggs will rice be ok? I can take some of those microwave packets as I'm sure there's a microwave where were stopping. I'm getting peanut butter for sandwiches for during it. Flapjack and stuff like that
I don't know who else is doing it but I'm going for the win. I always say that mind!

I eat my pasta cold, 90 grams of dry pasta, boiled obvs, chicken breast, boiled egg and sweet chilli sauce today.

I'm just going to eat as normal Friday and make sure I have a big breakfast. I probably won't eat that much during the run but flapjacks are good, I take soreen and mars bars too.

Went out for a 10 miler but 'only' managed 8, totally misjudged running in this kind of heat and found myself dehydrated and too far from water at mile 6. Good lesson to learn though, don't usually like taking water out, but will be on future long runs while the weather stays like this.

Willow Miner trail race is fast approaching, Wednesday 10th July.

5.4 miles, 1,400 ft of climb. £9 if you’re not in a club, £7 if you are.

Less than 50 places remain!

Went out for a 10 miler but 'only' managed 8, totally misjudged running in this kind of heat and found myself dehydrated and too far from water at mile 6. Good lesson to learn though, don't usually like taking water out, but will be on future long runs while the weather stays like this.

Learnt this lesson recently, the last 2 miles on mine were torturous!

Did the 23km lakeland trails race today, my first organised race ever. 2 miles from the end I managed to go off course following the person infront of me...when we realised there was 6 of us :lol: . Thankfully the wrong turn had took us to a road sign posted to Ambleside so we ran that...it made the course an extra 0.6km long.

Loved it though, got the bug for sure and all I wanted at the finish was to be wearing a 55km t-shirt and not a 23km one. The race also put me to 208k for the month which I am pleased with...I've already got a spreadsheet for July to make 220k.

There seems to have been loads of races and triathlons today, hope everyone had a good day!!

Did the 23km lakeland trails race today, my first organised race ever. 2 miles from the end I managed to go off course following the person infront of me...when we realised there was 6 of us :lol: . Thankfully the wrong turn had took us to a road sign posted to Ambleside so we ran that...it made the course an extra 0.6km long.

Loved it though, got the bug for sure and all I wanted at the finish was to be wearing a 55km t-shirt and not a 23km one. The race also put me to 208k for the month which I am pleased with...I've already got a spreadsheet for July to make 220k.

There seems to have been loads of races and triathlons today, hope everyone had a good day!!
236.3 mile for me :lol:

Back