Running Thread 2019

No, as I had Blaydon, but I'd seen it and was tempted? How flat is it?

Not quite York levels of flat but apart from a few hilly bridges and running on a lot of dual carriageway, it’s a great one for a PB. The car park situation was catastrophic though, took longer to get out of the car park than it took to run it.

Started back up on Wednesday after 2 years of doing completely nothing. I thought it best to start out with a 1.5m run around Ashbrooke & Thornhill on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

I got up this morning and hoyed on a my sweat suite ( more like a wet suite ) and managed 4.86m in about 40 mins. I've been back in the house 40 minutes, had a cold shower and still sweating my arse off :lol::lol:

I don't have the money for a smart watch at the minute so using this website to help calculate distance and calories burned Sports route planner UK. Runners, walkers, cyclists - map your routes

Started back up on Wednesday after 2 years of doing completely nothing. I thought it best to start out with a 1.5m run around Ashbrooke & Thornhill on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

I got up this morning and hoyed on a my sweat suite ( more like a wet suite ) and managed 4.86m in about 40 mins. I've been back in the house 40 minutes, had a cold shower and still sweating my arse off :lol::lol:

I don't have the money for a smart watch at the minute so using this website to help calculate distance and calories burned Sports route planner UK. Runners, walkers, cyclists - map your routes
Carry your phone with you and use strava?

Carry your phone with you and use strava?

I used to use the app, however, I'm trying to motivate myself rather than using music. I have one of those straps that goes around my arm, but it keeps falling off and getting on my tits.

I used to use the app, however, I'm trying to motivate myself rather than using music. I have one of those straps that goes around my arm, but it keeps falling off and getting on my tits.
Try a belt? You can pick up a cheap second hand garmin quite easily.

Buy a Casio f91 for 8 quid from Argos.

Used strava twice this week and each time is recorded 4s of workout :evil::lol:

Anyone reccomend a decent heart rate belt that does the same thing??

My lass has a spare garmin. 220. Cracked screen, works fine. Think she only wants 15 quid for it or summit

I bought one last night mate. Thanks for the offer.

What do people spend on their running shoes? I have a dodgy left knee off a ACL replacement years ago and want to avoid further wear on it.

I bought one last night mate. Thanks for the offer.

What do people spend on their running shoes? I have a dodgy left knee off a ACL replacement years ago and want to avoid further wear on it.

I usually spend at least a ton on mine and will pay more if necessary, not worth scrimping on as it creates injuries IMO.

Back