Running Thread 2019

If you're in shields pop by and get my card.

I popped into sports direct and the lass had me on the machine. Turns out I was putting too much pressure on my right heel + me feet where turning outwards.

Tried a few different types and went with Asics. Plenty of support and very comfortable.

Anyone else go to pieces in the heat? Went out yesterday aiming to do 11km in 5:40 per km and had to stop after 7.5km! Kept going after a bit and did it all in 66 mins... Usually 10km speed for me is between 5:00 - 5:20 per km.

Anyone else go to pieces in the heat? Went out yesterday aiming to do 11km in 5:40 per km and had to stop after 7.5km! Kept going after a bit and did it all in 66 mins... Usually 10km speed for me is between 5:00 - 5:20 per km.
Yep, I was in Majorca 2 out of the last 3 weekends. Running in 23-26 Degree heat has a huge difference. I was running slower than my normal 10K pace and could only manage 6.5 to 7K

for those who look at echo online (who buys it daily nowadays :lol:) , are local athletics no longer reported upon , been nowt for ages

OH is doing at Cuthbert's way this Saturday. His issue with the last 2 long distance races he's done is that he doesn't eat properly, so he's not got enough fuel to keep him going.

Added to the fact he's on 12 hour nights this week and has no access to anywhere to warm food or a kettle. He needs to start carb loading today really as he won't eat at work unless it's easy to make.

I won't see him till Friday morning and were heading up to scotland pretty much straight away. I've told him to do pasta today before work and a tuna JP thurs before work (would sweet potato be better?) Is weetabix any good? As he will eat that with banana before going to bed in the morning.

We are going out for tea Friday night but apart from that will have limited cooking facilities before the start of the race so need some ideas for snacks, before and during it. I've read peanut butter and bagels are good so I'll be getting that and probably porridge . Plus I'm doing a pasta bake Thursday night for me and the bairn so he'll have some of that for during the day friday

Sorry for long post hope u didn't get too bored I just want him to complete it as he's not had the best preparation for it

Last edited:

Back