Running Thread 2019

That's some going Dan lad. Bit of a difference to the bulky fella I met at Goals all those years ago.

What route is it?
Currently 215lb. Down from 240lb which I was last year.

Starts at the tree where you turn for park run, down the bank, round the little lake, round the big lake and a long the little lake, finish on the grass beside the bridge.

Decided to sack Parkrun off and have a lie in and then run 10k instead, did it in 53:22 which is a new PB from 56:59 without it feeling like major effort until the last mile really, feeling good about the Durham 10k to come and I think I’m going to do the Redcar half as well in September, it’s mint feeling fit!

How do people deal with chafing? I wear my standard day-to-day boxers (the trunk style, not baggy) and always end up chafing on my longer runs (8miles+). Have looked at some proper anti chafing boxers online but they're expensive for something that may not work. Because it's the fact my boxers ride up, meaning the legs bunch together and rub, I am considering getting some budgie smuggler / Y-front type undies to see if they eliminate the problem.

Any thoughts/experiences?

How do people deal with chafing? I wear my standard day-to-day boxers (the trunk style, not baggy) and always end up chafing on my longer runs (8miles+). Have looked at some proper anti chafing boxers online but they're expensive for something that may not work. Because it's the fact my boxers ride up, meaning the legs bunch together and rub, I am considering getting some budgie smuggler / Y-front type undies to see if they eliminate the problem.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Vaseline on the inside of my thighs before I set off, usually lasts at least 10 miles and by then I’m in too much pain in other areas to worry about chaffing!

Back