Running Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven’t managed to get out much this last week, did 6 mile tonight and was a struggle. Legs feel heavy and felt as if I had no energy.

You eating properly mate ? I’ve had that before and realised I was eating a lot of stodgy shit and not much fruit and veg etc...got to push yourself out the door a little bit when like that as well. Keep going mate, you’ll be back on it soon. Every mile counts

Haven’t seen him for while , would always be running with that Sam Hancox in past , have some great runners at Morpeth mind When they all turn out anyway
He's been injured. After the race he walked shin first into a steel bin in front of the stand as well :)

Sams injured as well, been out for a while. Was speaking to Jimmy Alder (Morpeth coach) few weeks ago who said Sam goes 'too hard too often', which is quite a statement from him :)

Kipchoge’s an absolute beast like, watching him drop the field at 40km completely effortlessly :eek:

Last edited:
Ran Maidenhead 10-miler on Good Friday - was very happy with 1.09 on an annoyingly hot day, partly as it was my first run in club colours.

Done sweet fuck all since then as I've been away in Devon and then back up home, but looking to get in a half marathon in May to keep things ticking over.

Reactions: D.A
He's been injured. After the race he walked shin first into a steel bin in front of the stand as well :)

Sams injured as well, been out for a while. Was speaking to Jimmy Alder (Morpeth coach) few weeks ago who said Sam goes 'too hard too often', which is quite a statement from him :)

Jim alder was a class runner in his day , has a great book Marathons and chips (or something like that ) which is def worth a read , Shame that about Sam as he nice lad

Went out for my first run since coming back from a very boozy three nights in Krakow. Managed an awful 10km in 59 mins (6 min/km). The week previously I managed 14km in 80 mins (5:40 min/km) so the difference was stark. Actually thought I would need to pull up after 5km and was really pleased to get under 60 mins, legs felt heavy and could hardly breathe.

Been on it this weekend and the same next weekend too... Normally barely drink! Still hoping to hit a sub-2 hour half marathon this year but let's see.

Kipchoge’s an absolute beast like, watching him drop the field at 40km completely effortlessly :eek:

Kipchoge, what a man. I love watching him.

Last edited:
@MagicRat canny run at ogara 5k mate , well done

I know theres a couple on here chasing 5k PBS , "if" this one goes ahead as i havent heard much about it, I'm lead to believe its the same route as the sunderland harriers 5k that is held in july, meaning if its not windy then should be fast times and PBs

ABILITY 5K Sunderland
Was frustrated at the O'Gara mate, should be well under 16:00 by now. 5k is my poorest distance. . . But practice makes perfect so I'll have a look at that race. Cheers

Was frustrated at the O'Gara mate, should be well under 16:00 by now. 5k is my poorest distance. . . But practice makes perfect so I'll have a look at that race. Cheers
Ogara is sometimes long or so I’ve heard others say ? There’s a 5k at South Shields temple park organised by that Luke Adams once every 8-10 weeks , meant to be fast also . Unsure about that ability 5k one, I heard it was same route as the harriers 5k but as you know it helps if good turnout of other fast runners and I’m not sure that people are aware of this one .

Ogara is sometimes long or so I’ve heard others say ? There’s a 5k at South Shields temple park organised by that Luke Adams once every 8-10 weeks , meant to be fast also . Unsure about that ability 5k one, I heard it was same route as the harriers 5k but as you know it helps if good turnout of other fast runners and I’m not sure that people are aware of this one .
Aye, it was 3.19 on Sunday. . Though power of 10 doesn't show that :)

Doing a track 5000 in a couple of weeks so hoping for a good run there. You're right though, the harriers 5k is fastest in the region. Fast route and always a strong field

Get into Kings Cross at 8pm and checking in to a hotel near Waterloo station. Going to either watch the game & get out for 5k along the Thames at 6am pre-work, or go out tonight...dependent on how energetic I feel at the time. Both has crossed my mind but need to do the first bit before I can do that! Get along past the London Eye etc, lovely.

Get into Kings Cross at 8pm and checking in to a hotel near Waterloo station. Going to either watch the game & get out for 5k along the Thames at 6am pre-work, or go out tonight...dependent on how energetic I feel at the time. Both has crossed my mind but need to do the first bit before I can do that! Get along past the London Eye etc, lovely.
Can imagine running along there being a nightmare, it’s always rammed.

@MagicRat canny run at ogara 5k mate , well done

I know theres a couple on here chasing 5k PBS , "if" this one goes ahead as i havent heard much about it, I'm lead to believe its the same route as the sunderland harriers 5k that is held in july, meaning if its not windy then should be fast times and PBs

ABILITY 5K Sunderland
Do you know what the route is mate?

Might that not be play off second leg night?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back