Running Thread 2019

anyone signing up for vale of york HM on Saturday? I wanna get 2 maybe 3 HM's in this year with a view of maybe doing my first full one next year, possibly Edinburgh.

Going in to massive cramps, anyone got any good tips on what I should be doing to prevent them? Also need to speed up recovery time somehow.

Salty foods. Foam roll for recovery?
Had a Chinese last night and foam rolled this morning. Feel ok but really tight on the back of my legs.

Got a hotel with a spa booked for after Edinburgh so should help a bit after the run, half hour walk to the hotel afterwards which I’ve read should help too, if I can still walk.

Is there anything else I should be taking mid run other than gels?

Had a Chinese last night and foam rolled this morning. Feel ok but really tight on the back of my legs.

Got a hotel with a spa booked for after Edinburgh so should help a bit after the run, half hour walk to the hotel afterwards which I’ve read should help too, if I can still walk.

Is there anything else I should be taking mid run other than gels?
Salts. Saltstick do tablets
EAA’s
Electrolytes

Going in to massive cramps, anyone got any good tips on what I should be doing to prevent them? Also need to speed up recovery time somehow.

Stay hydrated. Keep potassium levels up. Compression socks can help with calf cramps & recovery. I wear full compression tights after anything over 16 miles.

Is that still for sale mate ? Anybody know How reliable are the HR functions without chest straps ?

I get about 5 BPM range of difference between that & the chest strap unless it's really cold & I'm out for a while.

Last edited:
Did the Hartlepool 5 miler today, I was a bit rough at the start after having a few drinks yesterday but it felt good taking my frustrations out after yesterday's performance at the sol. 37.20 so I'm well pleased with that

Back