Running Thread 2019

From the Sunderland 10k FB page.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL RUNNERS: PLEASE READ

Following today’s football results and confirmation that Sunderland will be playing Portsmouth at home on Sat May 11th 1930 ko, we’d like to confirm there will be no changes to the scheduled timings for the Sunderland City 10K and Half Marathon Sunday 12th May. The 5K scheduled for 6pm Saturday will still be taking place, however timings may change following discussions with the relevant agencies early next week. We will notify all participants of any changes well in advance.

From the Sunderland 10k FB page.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL RUNNERS: PLEASE READ

Following today’s football results and confirmation that Sunderland will be playing Portsmouth at home on Sat May 11th 1930 ko, we’d like to confirm there will be no changes to the scheduled timings for the Sunderland City 10K and Half Marathon Sunday 12th May. The 5K scheduled for 6pm Saturday will still be taking place, however timings may change following discussions with the relevant agencies early next week. We will notify all participants of any changes well in advance.

So basically nothing will change unless something changes. Glad that's been cleared up

Did a 20 miler yesterday, 3 hours 27, feel a bit achy and had to get the wife to bring my old trainers half way round cos my new ones were blistering my feet up, but apart from that I managed pretty well.

Getting close to my sponsorship target too which has been in my mind, pretty happy about that and knowing I’m doing it for Adam has really helped me keep going.

Got coast and castles bike rise this week so won’t be running much til after that.

Happy with my first two weeks back running. 35k in the first, 37.5k in the second.

I’ve started week 3 with a 15k today which should set up a 40k + week :) enjoying it!

I am thinking about joining a running club, as I’d like to add a social aspect to running as much as I enjoy doing it on my own.

I am looking at the strollers website but can’t see a schedule of when they get out? I’d like to do some 10k’s with them on an evening ?

Last edited:
Came down with bug/cold a week or so ago. Out with club and felt sick, shaking at end of run. Went out again today, only did 6 miles as felt I'll. Head ached, dizzy and weak but got around. Hoping I can keep going in next few days and at least complete sunderland half. Pb out of the question now but completion would feel great.

Happy with my first two weeks back running. 35k in the first, 37.5k in the second.

I’ve started week 3 with a 15k today which should set up a 40k + week :) enjoying it!

I am thinking about joining a running club, as I’d like to add a social aspect to running as much as I enjoy doing it on my own.

I am looking at the strollers website but can’t see a schedule of when they get out? I’d like to do some 10k’s with them on an evening ?
Wednesday night is the main club night. Pop along before signing up.

Did a 20 miler yesterday, 3 hours 27, feel a bit achy and had to get the wife to bring my old trainers half way round cos my new ones were blistering my feet up, but apart from that I managed pretty well.

Getting close to my sponsorship target too which has been in my mind, pretty happy about that and knowing I’m doing it for Adam has really helped me keep going.

Got coast and castles bike rise this week so won’t be running much til after that.
Was it the first time wearing them?

Wednesday night is the main club night. Pop along before signing up.

Was it the first time wearing them?
Yes, I git them because they were the same make as my last ones, albeit the newer model, and it took me a while to find a pair that didn’t cause blisters. A few years back in the GNR I had the biggest ones I’ve ever seen, too much movement in the shoe.

Yes, I git them because they were the same make as my last ones, albeit the newer model, and it took me a while to find a pair that didn’t cause blisters. A few years back in the GNR I had the biggest ones I’ve ever seen, too much movement in the shoe.

Bit brave doing 20 miles in some new shoes like Joe. Even the same make still need a bit of bedding in.

So basically nothing will change unless something changes. Glad that's been cleared up
;)

SATURDAY 11th MAY: Sunderland City 5K announcement. PLEASE READ!

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the relevant organisations around the Sunderland City 5K on Saturday night alongside the SAFC play off match at the Stadium of Light.

We have been given the go-ahead to keep our plans the same, and we will be starting the race as planned at 6pm.

Thanks for your patience!
Entries are still open for all distances until midnight tomorrow (8th May) at www.sunderlandcity10k.com

Back