Running Thread 2019

;)

SATURDAY 11th MAY: Sunderland City 5K announcement. PLEASE READ!

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the relevant organisations around the Sunderland City 5K on Saturday night alongside the SAFC play off match at the Stadium of Light.

We have been given the go-ahead to keep our plans the same, and we will be starting the race as planned at 6pm.

Thanks for your patience!
Entries are still open for all distances until midnight tomorrow (8th May) at www.sunderlandcity10k.com

Cheers marra but the only one I'm doing is the ½ on the Sunday which was never under threat. I was just having an eye roll moment at how shit their previous announcement was.

Did a 20 miler yesterday, 3 hours 27, feel a bit achy and had to get the wife to bring my old trainers half way round cos my new ones were blistering my feet up, but apart from that I managed pretty well.

Getting close to my sponsorship target too which has been in my mind, pretty happy about that and knowing I’m doing it for Adam has really helped me keep going.

Got coast and castles bike rise this week so won’t be running much til after that.

Ooof! I wouldn't even try a ½ in new shoes never mind 20 miles (well I did once & paid the price).

Last edited:
It's taken over a year since I first had my feet looked at but I picked up my custom insoles yesterday. Frustratingly I can't run due to something unrelated but these will hopefully go some way to sorting out my wonky feet and knees.
Felt a bit weird walking in them at first but sure I'll get used to them.

It's taken over a year since I first had my feet looked at but I picked up my custom insoles yesterday. Frustratingly I can't run due to something unrelated but these will hopefully go some way to sorting out my wonky feet and knees.
Felt a bit weird walking in them at first but sure I'll get used to them.

good luck, you deserve a break, hope they sort you out

Anyone got them 4% trainers? people who were always behind me are suddenly a minute faster over 5k and 2 mins over 10k, seems like cheating to me? how can you graft your nuts off to get pbs and other just buy a pair of 200 pound trainers and take time off there pbs

Anyone got them 4% trainers? people who were always behind me are suddenly a minute faster over 5k and 2 mins over 10k, seems like cheating to me? how can you graft your nuts off to get pbs and other just buy a pair of 200 pound trainers and take time off there pbs
Really ??
I know one lad who has pair , £200! And he’s a very average runner , I could understand them making marginal gains (4-5 secs per mile, which is enough at top level, but any more than that I’d be amazed )

Really ??
I know one lad who has pair , £200! And he’s a very average runner , I could understand them making marginal gains (4-5 secs per mile, which is enough at top level, but any more than that I’d be amazed )
I mate, I’ve seen a fair few knock minutes off, was talking to a lad yesterday who is from shields and I asked him how a certain person went from 19min 5k to 17.45 and the o lot explanation was the trainers, you cannot wear them on trails and the next race the sand dancer he was know were near that pace

I had the zoom fly when I first started running - £130.

Put a hole in the upper very quickly with my toe. Much prefer my brooks, much better for someone my size.

If anyone is an 11.5 and good at stitching they can have them, they’re about to go in the bin

I had the zoom fly when I first started running - £130.

Put a hole in the upper very quickly with my toe. Much prefer my brooks, much better for someone my size.

If anyone is an 11.5 and good at stitching they can have them, they’re about to go in the bin
Have a whinge to nike, they may replace them. Done that with brooks and got a new pair.

Good luck! You've come a long way from those early SEB Athletic days pal. :lol: :cool:

Haha, just a little! (Though I was a stone and a half lighter when we started out :eek:)

Thanks mate, it's my second but last one was 2 years ago and I was training more miles. Not setting any targets for this one!

Back