Running Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you up in Edinburgh? Was canny hot. Seen a few people on the floor in the half, paramedics very busy. We helped a lass across the line who flaked out in front of us at 12.5 mile as we were heading to pub! That was all in the half, the marathon must've been much worse

Was just running around home mate (SE England) but I lived in Edinburgh for five years and know how the heat sends people loopy there at the best of times let alone running!

How the fuck do you run in the heat? Was aiming to do a HM in 2:15 today (PB is 2:12) and I had to give up with 5km to go.

I ran the Druridge Bay 10k and that was bad enough, no way could i have done a half marathon.

There was a breeze but it was like running in an oven.

Doing the coastal run in July which is 14 miles. Might just take it easy if its warm as I really struggle in heat

Were you up in Edinburgh? Was canny hot. Seen a few people on the floor in the half, paramedics very busy. We helped a lass across the line who flaked out in front of us at 12.5 mile as we were heading to pub! That was all in the half, the marathon must've been much worse
Heard a few people say this now. I did half too, set out for a Pb, but had to actually stop just after half way as just couldn't breathe - was just too muggy. Ended up 5 mins outside PB time. When the sun came out later for the mara it must have been horrendous. I'd enjoyed a few in the stewart brewery tent by then!

Heard a few people say this now. I did half too, set out for a Pb, but had to actually stop just after half way as just couldn't breathe - was just too muggy. Ended up 5 mins outside PB time. When the sun came out later for the mara it must have been horrendous. I'd enjoyed a few in the stewart brewery tent by then!
Aye, very warm first half of the half. I was cooking by 6/7 mile. It did seem to cool down a bit towards the finish. Very hot again for the marathoners. I enjoyed watching them from that pub at 10 miles :)

Aye, very warm first half of the half. I was cooking by 6/7 mile. It did seem to cool down a bit towards the finish. Very hot again for the marathoners. I enjoyed watching them from that pub at 10 miles :)
Hats off to anyone running in that heat on Saturday. I was sweating my tits of just doing parkrun.

Just did my first 10k on a track today. Did it at Middlesbrough sports village just before visiting a friend at James Cook hospital which is down the road. I managed to get a PB of 47.03 but I wouldn't run that far round a running track again

Just did my first 10k on a track today. Did it at Middlesbrough sports village just before visiting a friend at James Cook hospital which is down the road. I managed to get a PB of 47.03 but I wouldn't run that far round a running track again

did you run that on your own or with others? I reckon if you tan the Tees 10k, or whatever its now called, you would beat that PB easy.
wouldn't fancy those laps...

Anyone off here in the north east masters track events at Monkton?

Did the first one a few weeks back and looking forward to Monday

Anyone off here in the north east masters track events at Monkton?

Did the first one a few weeks back and looking forward to Monday

I quite fancy doing the 400m in the masters but I constantly picking up injuries this year & I'm not a member of an affiliated club either. Maybe next year.

I quite fancy doing the 400m in the masters but I constantly picking up injuries this year & I'm not a member of an affiliated club either. Maybe next year.

My first year and it's canny. Will do the 3000m again on Monday,not sure about the shorter distances. Looking forward to a decent crack at the mile

Managed a 30 mile run this morning. Longest for a couple of years. Earned the ribs and chicken and chips for dinner.

Few friends were taking part in escape from meriden today. One to look at for the ultra runners on here. Absolute nuts of an event.

Managed a 30 mile run this morning. Longest for a couple of years. Earned the ribs and chicken and chips for dinner.

Few friends were taking part in escape from meriden today. One to look at for the ultra runners on here. Absolute nuts of an event.

just read up on Escape To Meriden and seems intriguing and totally bonkers. Think I would run with someone else, perhaps chained together being an option.

Thoughts on doing the Wooler 28 miler 6 weeks after doing my main Autumn marathon, is that too close together? Do want to maybe do some ultras next year so thought this a decent one to start otherwise locally there doesn't seem to be much till march/April next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back