Run commuters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this myself for about 20 years and loved it. Once you sort the logistics out ie showers, lockers and work clothes it’s a fantastic way to kill lots of birds with one stone. Commuting is largely free, you won’t get stuck in traffic, you can eat like a horse and your fitness and mood improve significantly.

Average speeds in central London this year between 7am and 7pm were 7.7 mph. That’s a figure that’s achievable for lots of runners.

If you live within 5 or 6 miles of work it’s definitely an option imo.

Employers need to be made by law to provide secure bike storage, showering facilities and lockers imo.
It's 13k to my school and mostly uphill, I drive to school 2 days a week and cycle the other 3, the 2 days I drive I run before school had started and the days I cycle I go to the pool on the return leg to swim.

I couldn't imagine not doing any exercise.

We were back at the weekend and I ran everyday.

Did this myself for about 20 years and loved it. Once you sort the logistics out ie showers, lockers and work clothes it’s a fantastic way to kill lots of birds with one stone. Commuting is largely free, you won’t get stuck in traffic, you can eat like a horse and your fitness and mood improve significantly.

Average speeds in central London this year between 7am and 7pm were 7.7 mph. That’s a figure that’s achievable for lots of runners.

If you live within 5 or 6 miles of work it’s definitely an option imo.

Employers need to be made by law to provide secure bike storage, showering facilities and lockers imo.

Used to run 12 miles to work and 12 miles back twice a week......With one more run on a Sunday was enough training to run 100 mile ultras with virtually no time taken away from my family :cool:

How do people who do this get their work clothes there? Cant be in a bag on their back surely?

Took all my clothes for week once a week then returned dirty ones on same day so always had a constant supply.

Last edited:
I used to run 5 miles to the gym to use their showers then walk the last mile to work and I loved it

Now I drive 9 miles to work as I need the car for work

Know what you mean, my last job involved walking 4+ miles a day, new job is car only and already missing the fast walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back