Rumours of Fleetwood Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had exactly that opinion. I hate tribute bands...pretendy AC/DC and Thin Lizzy stuff is not my thing at all especially when I`ve seen the real thing. I`ve seen 100`s of original bands across all genres (including the real Fleetwood Mac) BUT, they were great and absolutely nailed the parts so well. So what if the crowd was old, they enjoyed it and the band were excellent. My Rock Snobbery was kicked firmly into place by an excellent performance of great songs.
I seen the Australian pink Floyd a few year back as I was told they were great. Was a young fat lad. They were shite

I`m always a bit cynical with tribute bands. I did see Bootleg Blondie but they did have Clem Burke on the drums so a good excuse to go. They were very good too.

I`ve been talked into going to see a Led Zep tribute band with an orchestra who seem really good. I take it Rumours of Fleetwood Mac come highly recommended.

There was a Steps tribute band from Shields that were canny - Westoe Steps.
Saw them upstairs in the County a few years back.

I seen the Australian pink Floyd a few year back as I was told they were great. Was a young fat lad. They were shite

Benwell Floyd are the ones to see.

Over the last 12 months I have seen;

Bob Dylan, The Kinks, Kate Bush, Carole King, James Taylor, ELO, The Wilburys, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison and Pink Floyd. They were all very good.

I also saw Colin Blunstone and the Zombies but it was the THE Colin Blunstone. I have to say Colin was one of the most talented singers that I have ever seen and was one of the nicest blokes. He told the audience that he had hardly made a penny during his career but now in his 70's he was at last earning a reasonable living doing regular gigs for oldies.

He could knock out "She's not There" and "Time of the Season" as good as he could 50 years ago. Hmmmmm.... Nice.

McVie?
I always think I'd like to see acts like this but the ticket price is usually ridiculous for a tribute

still cheaper than seeing the origional band though....and occassionally the vocals and musicianship is better !......depends which bandyou see though.

Over the last 12 months I have seen;

Bob Dylan, The Kinks, Kate Bush, Carole King, James Taylor, ELO, The Wilburys, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison and Pink Floyd. They were all very good.

I also saw Colin Blunstone and the Zombies but it was the THE Colin Blunstone. I have to say Colin was one of the most talented singers that I have ever seen and was one of the nicest blokes. He told the audience that he had hardly made a penny during his career but now in his 70's he was at last earning a reasonable living doing regular gigs for oldies.

He could knock out "She's not There" and "Time of the Season" as good as he could 50 years ago. Hmmmmm.... Nice.

Was that at The Sage? If so I was at the same show & he was excellent.

Falls into two camps ,young'uns copying the band and old people with questionable connections living off names to pay bills .I'd rather pass on both .If you liked the band in their prime ,hopefully you saw them and remember it for what it was .Plenty more bands out there to follow
I sort of get that but I’ve missed the chance to see the real bands... both Fleetwood and Pink Floyd. Two bands of that era I truly love.

I respect these and the likes of Ozzy floyd as they are proper musicians and clearly love the music they play.

Both I believe have been watched by original members certainly ozzy floyd and they liked them.

(Rodgers waters has since fallen out with them after they played in Israel I believe)

Some cover bands are simply either shite or trying to earn a crust

I sort of get that but I’ve missed the chance to see the real bands... both Fleetwood and Pink Floyd. Two bands of that era I truly love.

I respect these and the likes of Ozzy floyd as they are proper musicians and clearly love the music they play.

Both I believe have been watched by original members certainly ozzy floyd and they liked them.

(Rodgers waters has since fallen out with them after they played in Israel I believe)

Some cover bands are simply either shite or trying to earn a crust
They’re shite

Very surprised at that..

I’ve seen Gilmour and Waters a number of times and I rate Ozzie Floyd.

Maybe a bad night? Or maybe you weren’t sat / stood in a decent position for sound quality?

Makes a massive difference with floyd. Waters was pretty gash at Glastonbury. But amazing at desert trip and London last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back