Rumours of Fleetwood Mac

I`m always a bit cynical with tribute bands. I did see Bootleg Blondie but they did have Clem Burke on the drums so a good excuse to go. They were very good too.

I`ve been talked into going to see a Led Zep tribute band with an orchestra who seem really good. I take it Rumours of Fleetwood Mac come highly recommended.
I go to Fake Festival every year and the acts are usually top drawer

That's the whole idea surely .Not my thing either .Don't mind the odd cover song and even an occasional pub cover band but taking it more upmarket does nowt for me
I always feel a bit sceptical too. I`ve seen the Rumours line up of Fleetwood Mac and Peter Green`s Splinter Group so seeing someone pretend always feels a little awkward but then they do come highly recommended.

I always feel a bit sceptical too. I`ve seen the Rumours line up of Fleetwood Mac and Peter Green`s Splinter Group so seeing someone pretend always feels a little awkward but then they do come highly recommended.
Falls into two camps ,young'uns copying the band and old people with questionable connections living off names to pay bills .I'd rather pass on both .If you liked the band in their prime ,hopefully you saw them and remember it for what it was .Plenty more bands out there to follow

Well I went last night. I`ve seen the real thing with Buckingham, Nicks and McVie as well as Peter Green`s Splinter Group a few times. I had my Rock Snob arms folded feeling very cynical BUT, they were magnificent and they totally won me over. Brilliantly performed and superbly recreated all eras of the band from Peter Green`s stuff to songs from Say You Will and all the classics too. Definitely glad I went. Great stuff.

Each to their own but I can’t see the point of tribute bands. It’s like wearing a Le Shark when you could be wearing a Lacoste.

It’ll have been absolutely shite. I walked over the car park and it was full of pensioners. I can’t stand tribute bands.
I had exactly that opinion. I hate tribute bands...pretendy AC/DC and Thin Lizzy stuff is not my thing at all especially when I`ve seen the real thing. I`ve seen 100`s of original bands across all genres (including the real Fleetwood Mac) BUT, they were great and absolutely nailed the parts so well. So what if the crowd was old, they enjoyed it and the band were excellent. My Rock Snobbery was kicked firmly into place by an excellent performance of great songs.

Back