Rugby union fans..

My son has gotten into rugby and he wants to support a premier league club but there are none round hear so it's either them or otherwise pointless trips to the Midlands. But it feels a bit weird.

The only way you're really going to know is if you get along to Kingston Park to see if you enjoy it.

As @Big Cat says, it's a totally different crowd. You might see the odd Newcastle hat or scarf but that's about it.

Newcastle
Tynedale
Darlington
Morpeth
Percy Park
Consett

Then further down there's all sorts of clubs, Horden, Durham, Sunderland, Chester Le Street, Seaham etc

Nowt wrang with going to watch Newcastle IMO.
Missed Blaydon out marra, probably second best team after Falcons.

Not to mention Westoe, Ashbrooke, Houghton, Hartlepool Rovers, West Hartlepool and much much more

I was never keen on it but watching him play I'm starting to see the attraction, not as technical as footy but it's hard not to admire the physicality of it and the speed - I'd say the backs are quicker than footy players but maybe less stamina.
To compare the two games is a bit of a close one. but I'd say rugby is more technical.

To compare the two games is a bit of a close one. but I'd say rugby is more technical.
you think? I reckon it's just harder to control a ball with you feet that with your hands - sometimes hard for me to fathom what's going on in the rucks but I'm getting there.

It’s shite
I prefer to watching union to league - doesn't seem to be enough space in that game.

Last edited:
I think quite a few on here get along to see the Falcons. It can be a really good day out, a totally different atmosphere to any football crowd, especially with the lack of segregation, which is one of the best things about it.

If you can, get yourself along there on Friday night and enjoy watching the best team in the land visit ;)
Then watch us get thrashed

Back