Rugby union fans..

I think quite a few on here get along to see the Falcons. It can be a really good day out, a totally different atmosphere to any football crowd, especially with the lack of segregation, which is one of the best things about it.

If you can, get yourself along there on Friday night and enjoy watching the best team in the land visit ;)
Then watch us get thrashed
Bath? I watch the highlights now that try the lad for Gloucester scored the other, 'kin hell - are they Bath's main rivals?

I thought no one had any idea what is going on in the rucks ;)
I thought it was just the refs ;)

Bath? I watch the highlights now that try the lad for Gloucester scored the other, 'kin hell - are they Bath's main rivals?
Yeah, there's a huge rivalry between us. It's a proper derby when we meet, the draw with them in September was one of the best games I've attended, an amazing atmosphere, proper banter with the Glos fans in front of us and some great rugby on the pitch.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Follow the results but wouldn't class myself as a fan. Planning a trip in January for the Toulon game, Xmas present for my dad i think.

Always refer to them as 'The Falcons' rather than Newcastle or Newcastle Falcons :lol:

Its fine and there's probably one or two who support Newcastle eagles, team northumbria netball, Newcastle diamonds and Newcastle thunder.

If they played somewhere like Gateshead and wore neutral colours I think there'd be a lot more people from Wearside would go and support them. Couldn't really care less about them as I'm more into international rugby union than club rugby.

Sad as fuck that this is how some peoples brains work.
to be fair in the john hall days he tried to make a Newcastle sports club like they have in europe. hence they colour scheme and the old badge. understandable. i'm not familiar with any other rugby clubs with similar background other than Leeds, when there were the tykes because the rhinos amalgamated with them and have since gone to being leeds carnegie, and now yorkshire carnegie.

you think? I reckon it's just harder to control a ball with you feet that with your hands - sometimes hard for me to fathom what's going on in the rucks but I'm getting there.

I prefer to watching union to league - doesn't seem to be enough space in that game.
leagues best for kids to play until you get to teens, then introduce union. if you can pass and tackle, you can play league. nothing more annoying than when someone cant bloody tackle and people break the line.

also, nobody ever knows whats going on in rucks. just make sure the ball pops out on your side and dont get caught using your hands :lol:

Back